- 1 Saint James
- 2 Notable Places in the Area
- 3 Also Known As
- 4 Other Places Named Saint James
- 5 In the Area
- 6 Popular Destinations inTrinidad
- 7 Escape to a Random Place
- 8 Related Locations
- 9 Saint James
- 10 History
- 11 Culture
- 12 Businesses, places to visit and other tourism activities
- 13 Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
- 14 Saint James Map
- 15 detailed map of Saint James and near places
- 16 Saint James hotel reservations
- 17 Saint James car rental
- 18 Flights from airports close to Saint James
- 19 Saint James 3D map in Google Earth
- 20 Get more out of Saint James map
- 21 Saint James google map link options
- 22 Top Things To Do In Saint James Trinidad and Tobago
- 23 Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
- 24 Bayville Holiday Apartment
- 25 Mindat.org
- 26 Nearby features from geonames.org
- 27 Regions in mindat.org that contain this locality
- 28 Regions in GADM Database
- 29 Saint James, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago, North America
- 30 Satellite map of Saint Jamesand it’s surroudings.
Saint James is a district in the city of Port of Spain in the Caribbean country of Trinidad and Tobago. The Western Main Road serves as the primary thoroughfare. It connects the towns of Woodbrook and Cocorite. The St. Lawrence Seaway was built in 1938, and it was the last major municipal growth in Port of Spain.
Notable Places in the Area
- Bing Maps
- Google Maps
- Here WeGo
- The Port of Spain district in Trinidad and Tobago is described as follows: Categorization: human settlement
- Locations:Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Lesser Antilles, Caribbean, North America
- Category: human habitation
|Latitude10.6717° or 10° 40′ 18.2″ north||Longitude-61.5345° or 61° 32′ 4.1″ west|
|Open Location Code 772WMFC8+M6||Population 5,990|
|Elevation14 metres (46 feet)||GeoNames ID 3573779|
Also Known As
- German:Saint James
- English:Saint James, Port of Spain
- English:Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
- Hebrew: ‘
- Italian:Saint James (Port of Spain)
- Italian:Saint James (Trinidad e Tobago)
- Norwegian Bokml:Saint James
- Urdu: S
Other Places Named Saint James
- Vietnamese: Vung Tau
- St. JamesMinnesota, United States of America: St. JamesMissouri, United States of America: St. JamesMissouri, United States of America: Saint James ParishJamaica: Saint JamesBarbados: Saint James
In the Area
- In addition to the MaberlyHamlet in Ontario, Canada, there is the VarketiliSuburb in Georgia, the GaoyuanLocality in Jiangxi, China, the Lindholm HjeLocality in North Jutland, Denmark, the Siete de EneroLocality in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, the RommentalFarm in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, and the Siete de EneroLocality in Nu
Popular Destinations inTrinidad
You should go into anything you do with all of your heart. -Confucius
Escape to a Random Place
Saint James in the area of Trinidad and Tobago (general) is a city in Trinidad and Tobago that is adjacent to Port of Spain, the country’s capital city. It is the second-largest city in the region. Saint James is depicted on an interactive map. The time in Saint James is currently 9:38 p.m. (Tuesday). The time zone in question is known as ” America/Port of Spain “, and it has a UTC offset of -4 hours. Depending on your travel resources, you could be interested in seeing some of the more well-known locations such as Bridgetown, Georgetown, Fort-de-France, Woodbrook, and Warners.
We found some hobby movies on the internet and gathered it.
Check out our suggestions for things to do in Saint James?
3:28 minutes islandpics has had 590965 views. 4.81 out of 5 stars Carnival in Trinidad and Tobago. Carnival Tuesday is being celebrated on the road with Pulse 8 and the BAMABAC Crew. You should be aware that with us, everything is always bacchanal! We had a fantastic time at Carnival! See what we’re up to on Facebook: www.facebook.com/.
2011 Trinidad Carnival
Amelit54 posted at 4:30 p.m. 207202 people have seen this page. 3.57 out of 5 stars Photographs from the Carnival of Trinidad and Tobago. It took more than ten hours for the Parade to complete its route.
TrinidadTobago Carnival 2012 – Cosmic Tuesday
MrTonyMagik’s time is 8:27 minutes. 167854 people have seen this page. 4.69 out of 5 stars It is the appeal of the Carnival that draws the vast majority of visitors and returning nationals to Trinidad and Tobago on an annual basis. Those active in the arts come to tempora to renew their inspiration, while others come to tempora to relax.
UK Invasion (Trinidad Carnival 2011)
MrTonyMagik posted this at 10:47 a.m. 10539 people have seen this video. 5.00 out of 5 stars At the age of 26 in 1948, Lord Kitchener (also known as Aldwyn Roberts), a calypso musician and soca performer from Trinistan, boarded the ‘Empire Windrush’ from Jamaica to seek his fortune in England, and this song is dedicated to him. In the English language. Videos supplied by YouTube are protected by the intellectual property rights of their creators.
Interesting facts about this location
In honor of Hasely Crawford, who was the first person from Trinidad and Tobago to win an Olympic gold medal, the Hasely Crawford Stadium, which is located in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, is named after him. The stadium, which was originally known as the National Stadium when it was erected in 1980, was renamed to honor Crawford in 2001. The stadium has a capacity of 27,000 people. It was the site of the final of the FIFA U-17 World Championship in 2001. The stadium serves as the home of San Juan Jabloteh of the TT Pro League.
More reading material: Article on the Wikipedia website Only a few kilometers distant, at latitude and longitude 10.66 and 61.53, respectively. Track and field facilities in Trinidad and Tobago, football facilities in Trinidad and Tobago, national stadiums in Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain
Queen’s Park Oval
It has held more Test matches than any other ground in the Caribbean, including the Queen’s Park Oval in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, which has the biggest capacity of any cricket ground in the West Indies. It also served as a venue for a handful of matches during the Cricket World Cup in 2007. The stadium, which is privately owned by the Queen’s Park Cricket Club, can accommodate around 25,000 people. The ground is where the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team plays the majority of their home matches.
); less than 1 kilometer away Trinidad and Tobago cricket fields, Trinidad and Tobago football stadiums, Port of Spain, Test cricket grounds in the West Indies are some of the terms used to describe these locations.
Trinidad and Tobago
Tobago, formally the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, is an archipelagic state in the southern Caribbean, located close off the coast of northeastern Venezuela and south of Grenada in the Lesser Antilles, and is the largest of the country’s three islands. It has maritime borders with a number of other countries, including Barbados to the northeast, Grenada to the northwest, Guyana to the southeast, and Venezuela to the south and west. Barbados is the largest of these neighbors. More reading material: Article on the Wikipedia website Located in latitude and longitude 10.67 61.52 (Lat./Long.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Trinidad
Tobago, formally the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, is an archipelagic state in the southern Caribbean, located close off the coast of northeastern Venezuela and south of Grenada in the Lesser Antilles, and is the largest of the country’s three main islands. It has maritime borders with a number of other countries, including Barbados to the northeast, Grenada to the northwest, Guyana to the southeast, and Venezuela to the south and west. Barbados is the most northerly of these neighbors. Reading material to supplement this article Article on the website Wikipedia.com.
), is less than 2 kilometers away.
Queen’s Park Savannah
Queen’s Park Savannah is a park in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. It is a popular tourist destination. The Savannah, often known as “the Savannah,” is Port of Spain’s largest open space and the world’s largest traffic roundabout, according to local slang. It is located on around 260 acres of flat terrain, and the distance around its circumference is approximately 2.2 miles (3.5 km). More reading material: Article on the Wikipedia website The location is 10.67 -61.51 (Lat./Long.
); it is less than 2 kilometers away. Trinidad and Tobago cricket grounds, Trinidad and Tobago’s environment, Trinidad and Tobago parks, Port of Spain public parks, Trinidad and Tobago’s urban public parks
Geographical information is based on publicly available data from sources such as geonames.org, the CIA World Fact Book, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), DBpedia, and Wikipedia. The NOAA GFS model is used to forecast the weather.
Saint James is a neighborhood in the Trinidad and Tobago capital of Port of Spain. The Western Main Road serves as the primary thoroughfare. It connects the towns of Woodbrook and Cocorite. The St. Jamesdistrict, which is north of Woodbrook and west of St. Clair, was integrated into the city boundaries of Port of Spain in 1938, marking the city’s final substantial municipal expansion in almost a century. During the late nineteenth century, Indian indentured laborers working on adjacent sugar plantations built homes in St.
Historically, Western Main Road, the area’s primary road, has been known as “the city that never sleeps” because of its prominence as the city’s main nightlife zone.
Its “circle” includes Flagstaff Hill, a modest rise with the home of the United States ambassador at its summit, which gives its name to an area of apartment buildings at its southern foot and is surrounded by the park.
James and along the shoreline at Invaders Bay.
In 1938, the parish of St. James was annexed to the city of Port of Spain. It was along Long Circular Road in St. James that the Civil Aviation Training Centre (CATC), which is now a section of the Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority, was established in 1992 to the present day. Original known as the Peru Plantation, St. James was a sugar cane estate that served as a stopover for some of the earliest East Indian indentured settlers who arrived aboard ships like as the Fatel Razak and the SSGanges, which traveled from Uttar Pradesh to Kolkata.
Streets in St. James
Several streets in St. James were called after “earlier names” of South Asian cities, including Agra, Baroda (Vadodara), Benares (Varanasi), Bengal, Bombay (Mumbai), Calcutta (Kolkata), Cawnpore (Kanpur), Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Madras (Chennai), Nepaul (Nepal), Nizam, and Patna, among others Also in the city are streets that are named after English people or places, such as Clarence Street, which is home to both an Anglican church and an elementary school.
Several other people and characters are represented in the naming of streets in St.
James, including Salazzar, which is close to the Police Station, Church St., Kathleen St., Romeo St., Coronation St., Avenue First, Mucurapo Road, and Ethel Street. Church St., Kathleen St., Romeo St., Coronation Street, and Avenue First are examples of such streets.
Military cemetery, crematorium, and other cemeteries
In addition to a military cemetery, there are two other cemeteries and a crematorium within the city limits of St. James.According to the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, which has photos of the military cemetery in St James on its website as well as a list of the deceased from World Wars I and II, there are 40 World War I and II casualties (whose names are listed at Memorial Park, off Queen’s Park Savannah).In recent years, the military cemetery has been used to bury persons who h
- There are two cemeteries in St. James: Western Cemetery (George Cabral Circular), Terre Brulee, St. James (this cemetery may be entered via George Cabral Street, off WMR), and Mucurapo Cemetery (Panka Street), both in Terre Brulee.
In accordance with the information that is available to the public, there is just one prominent person buried at Western Cemetery: Noor Hassanali, the former president of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago (from 1987 to 1997), who is buried there.
- Woodbrook Cemetery, Mucurapo Road, St. James (This cemetery may be entered via Panka Street, St. James. )
- Woodbrook Cemetery, Mucurapo Road, St. James
There are public data on some “eighty seven (87) people who have been buried at Mucurapo Cemetery over the years, some as early as 1936 – Ms Leonora Prince,” according to the cemetery’s website. According to the gravestone, the “Whitlocks,” who were missionaries returning to Africa, died in the same year as their parents and three children, are maybe the family with the highest number of fatalities in a single year. Then there are the tombstones where the information is written in a different language, maybe that of the Jews – “Ernst Otto Fischer, who was born in 1881 and died in 1944” – “Ernst Otto Fischer, who was born in 1881 and died in 1944” At accordance with cemetery records, some of which are available online, at least one renowned person has been laid to rest in this cemetery: “Beebe, Dr.
July 29, 1877 d.
On Long Circular Road, the Crematorium is in close proximity to the Military Cemetery, Flagstaff Villas, and the Long Circular Mall.
It is located on Tragarete Road in Saint James, and it is the world’s largest Pizza Hut location.
Groceries, meat shops, greengrocers and markets
Many grocers have closed after a number of years, changed ownership and/or renamed, and/or stayed open during the course of the past few decades. The St. James Meat Cottage, which has changed its location and floor space several times over the years, has been a popular source of affordable suppliers of this staple over the years, given the cultural mix of persons who reside in and visit St. James. Some of the older establishments are Woo Lings (1970s) and The St. James Meat Cottage, which has changed its location and floor space several times over the years.
Businesses, places to visit and other tourism activities
St. James encompasses a large geographical area that extends from the St. James Crematorium on Long Circular Road to Fatima College on Mucurapo Road in one direction and from near the overpass by Peakes to the Police Barracks along the Western Main Road in the other direction, as well as a number of smaller neighborhoods. The neighborhood contains at least one big mall, the Long Circular Mall, in addition to a number of smaller malls and plazas that are distributed around the region. A micro mall is defined as a one- or two-story structure that has a number of small retailers, each of which sells a diverse variety of goods and services.
A branch of the grocery chain Tru Valu is located in the same building as the Mall. Currently, there is a vendor in-store that sells refreshments to customers before they go shopping. In addition, there is a bakery in the store that sells pre-packaged things as well as freshly baked delicacies.
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) established a branch at the junction of Mooneram Street and Main Street in the late 1950s. It took several years for this CIBC branch to shut when the merger of CIBC (Trinidad) and Republic Bank Limited took place. This location has now been transformed into a restaurant. It was followed by branches of the Royal Bank of Canada on Bournes Road and of the Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank), the latter of which was built on the site of JP’s (John Pereira) supermarket, which was established in the 1960s.
Manufacturer and pharmacies
Solo, a soft-drink business headquartered in Trinidad and Tobago, has its headquarters in St. James. When this firm first opened its doors in the 1970s, it was on the corner of Western Main Road and Long Circular Road. In order to be closer to Aranguez, where the company’s soft drinks are presently made, the company’s operations were transferred. If one is traveling towards the Piarco airport on the highway, the plant may be seen from a distance. Along the Western Main Road in St. James, there are at least four pharmacies to choose from.
V. S. Naipaul, the Nobel Prize-winning author, resided on one of the streets in St. James before emigrating to the United Kingdom, which is where he won the prize. In order to protect his home as a historical landmark,
NALIS – St. James Public Library
A public library administered by the National Library and Information System Authority (NALIS), the St. James Public Library is one of twenty-five (25) public libraries in the country that provide services to the general public free of charge from Monday to Saturday, seven days each week. Located at 31 Church Street in St. James, the St. James Public Library offers a variety of services. In addition to running parallel to the Western Main Road, Church Street also begins at George Cabral Street and terminates at Bombay Street.
James Public Library, which had been located at the junction of Bournes Road and Western Main Road for many years until moving to its current location on Church Street within the last five years, was formerly known as the Western Main Road Branch Library.
Horizon’s Art Gallery, which has been established on Mucurapo Road in St James since the 1990s, has been a fixture in the community. Painters from the area, such as Louison Dermot, Boscoe Holder, LeRoy Clarke, Glen Roopchand, and Neil Massy, have their works available for purchase at this gallery. Open nights are held at least six times a year, during which new works by artists are displayed, and the public is welcome to come and examine the paintings or artwork, socialize, and meet the artist in person.
The St. James Amphitheatre
The St. James Amphitheatre, which is located along the West Main Road, provides services to citizens, groups, and individuals desiring to conduct events in St. James, among other things. WEBEAT is an annual event held by the St. James Community Improvement Centre that takes place in June. ” A new component has been introduced to the 2015 edition of WeBeat St James Live, which will take place from June 5–13 in New York City. Presented by the St James Community Improvement Committee in partnership with Angostura, the new event, Rum Street, will take place this summer.” “We Film Night (June 6), in partnership with the T T Film Festival, WeTreat (June 7), and Health Day (June 8), in association with the PoS North Lions and the North West Regional Health.
Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
Saint James is a district in the Trinidad and Tobago capital of Port of Spain. The Western Main Road serves as the primary thoroughfare. It connects the towns of Woodbrook and Cocorite. Until the St. James sector north of Woodbrook and west of St. Clair was integrated into the city limits in 1938, Port of Spain has not had any significant municipal growth since that time. During the late nineteenth century, Indian indentured laborers working on adjacent sugar plantations built homes in St. James, and the neighborhood eventually became known as the “Indian Quarter,” with numerous streets named after towns and regions in British India.
Long Circular Road, which bends north from Western Main Road and then east to meet Maraval Road, comprises a portion of the city’s northern and eastern boundaries.
Mucurapo is a primarily residential neighbourhood located south of St.
It is also home to the city’s second-largest cemetery, which is located in Mucurapo.
Saint James Map
Saint James was the original name. Trinidad and Tobago is located in Central America and has a tropical climate. Location: 10° 40′ 0″ North, 61° 31′ 0″ West, geographical coordinates:
detailed map of Saint James and near places
Thank you for visiting the Saint James Google Satellite Map! Located in Trinidad and Tobago, its geographical coordinates are 10° 40′ 0″ North, 61° 31′ 0″ West, and its original name (with diacritics) is Saint James. Its population is 2,000 people. Below are photos and images of Saint James taken from a satellite; you can also browse aerial views of Saint James in Trinidad and Tobago. Detailed information on Saint James hotels may be found on the target page linked above. Do you think this map is interesting?
Become a member of Saint James or create a new placemark in honor of Saint James.
Saint James hotel reservations
- Saint James hotels »
- BrowseBook hotels in Trinidad and Tobago »
- Saint James hotels – sortable list of all Saint James hotels »
Saint James hotels: low rates, no booking fees, no cancellation fees.
With Booking.com, you can book any sort of hotel in Saint James at a highly competitive cost. We have a wide selection of hotels in Saint James to choose from at prices to fit any budget. Booking.com, which was founded in 1996, has been the leader in online hotel reservations in Europe for many years. You will not be charged any booking fees, cancellation fees, or administrative costs while using Maplandia.com’s services — the reservation service is completely free of charge. The reservation system is safe, and all of your personal information, including your credit card number, is protected by encryption.
We’ve also put up a carefully curated list of the best hotels in Saint James; only the establishments with the greatest levels of customer satisfaction have been considered for inclusion.
Saint James hotels map
The location of each of the Saint James hotels featured is pinpointed on the map, which is zoomable and comprehensive. In addition, a Saint James hotel map is provided, on which all of the hotels in Saint James are clearly identified. You may pick your hotel based on its location quite quickly.
Saint James hotel reviews
Numerous photographs and unprejudiced Saint James hotel reviewswritten by genuine guests are offered to assist you in making your reservation selection.
Saint James hotel deals
Luxury hotels (including 5 star hotels and 4 star hotels) and inexpensive Saint James hotels (with the greatest discount rates and up-to-date hotel deals) are both accessible in different listings, with luxury hotels (including 5 star hotels and 4 star hotels) appearing first. Remind yourself at all times that the best price is always assured when booking with Maplandia.com and Booking.com!
Hotels nearest to the centre of Saint James
- The Hilton TrinidadConference Centre (in Port-of-Spain, approximately 960 metres away)
- The Courtyard Port of Spain*** (in Port-of-Spain, approximately 4.2 kilometers away)
- Las Cuevas Beach Lodge**** (in Las Cuevas, approximately 19 kilometers away)
- Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort*** (in Scarborough, approximately 100 kilometers away)
- Grafton Beach Resort*** (in Scarborough, approximately 100 kilometers away)
- Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts*** (in Scarborough, approximately 100
Saint James car rental
The Hilton TrinidadConference Centre (in Port-of-Spain, approximately 960 metres away); the Courtyard Port of Spain*** (in Port-of-Spain, approximately 4.2 kilometers away); the Las Cuevas Beach Lodge**** (in Las Cuevas, approximately 19 kilometers away); the Le Grand Courlan Spa Resort*** (in Scarborough, approximately 100 kilometers away); the Grafton Beach Resort*** (in Scarborough, approximately 100 kilometers away); the Turtle Beach by Rex Resorts*** (in Scar
Car hire Saint James and neighbourhood
The car rental companies that are closest to Saint Jamesthe city center. Compare car rental deals for Saint James from a variety of vendors.
- Car rental at Port of Spain International Airport (distanced approximately 4.2 km)
- Tobago International Airport (distanced approximately 92 km)
- Puerto Ordaz Manuel Carlos Piar Airport (distanced approximately 300 km)
- Barbados – Bayside car rental (distanced approximately 340 km)
- Grantley Adams – Airport car rental (distanced approximately 350 km)
- More offers and Saint James car hiring guide »
Flights from airports close to Saint James
- Flights to and from Saint James from neighbouring airports »
- Flights to and from Trinidad and Tobago »
- Flights search »
- Overview of flights to and from Trinidad and Tobago »
Compare the costs of flights to and from the airports that are closest to Saint James. We go through more than 600 airline and travel agency offerings to find the best deal for you. When you discover a bargain you like, we will send a link to the airline or travel agent so that you may book your flight or hotel directly with the provider. There will be no intermediaries. There are no additional costs. You will always receive the best deal.
Airports in Saint James and in the neighbourhood
The following airports are the closest to Saint James, and are arranged by the distance between the airport and the city center. To make a reservation at an airport hotel, see the relevant airport hotel guidelines.
- In the following list, you can find airports that are the closest to Saint James, arranged by distance from the city center. Hotel reservations should be made via the relevant airport hotel guides.
Saint James 3D map in Google Earth
You may also take a virtual tour of Saint James using Google Earth’s 3D satellite map, which is unlike any other. With the new Google Earth plugin, you can view the interactive 3D map of Saint James from the comfort of your own computer browser. Visit Google Earth to see a 3D map of Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago ».
Get more out of Saint James map
This location does not currently have a placemark associated with it. You are welcome to include the first.
users registered in this area
There are currently no users registered at this location. You have the opportunity to be the first.
recommend this page
If you would want to email this Saint James map page to a friend, or if you just want to remind yourself of it, here is the simple method for doing so. Simply enter the e-mail address and name of the person you desire to inform about Maplandia.com, as well as your own name and e-mail address (so that they can respond to you with grateful gratitude), and then click on the suggest button.
By default, the URL of this site will be included in the text. Additional text can be entered, which will be included in the e-mail message as well as any attachments.
There are numerous ways to connect to our maps — including no other place to discover free google maps gazetteer search, which is ready to be used on your website — and there is no cost to do so. Please select an option from the list below and simply copy and paste the HTML code into the source code of your website. Thank you for providing all of the links!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The code for the map search box must be copied and pasted directly into web pages without being modified. You are not permitted to edit any component of the link code, or to change the appearance or targeting of the link for whatever reason you choose.
Maplandia.com is not associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by Google.
Top Things To Do In Saint James Trinidad and Tobago
In the Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago, Saint James is a town that offers stunning vistas, a thriving nightlife, and explosions of Trinidadian culture. During the day, it appears to be no different from any other Caribbean area, with infinite natural beauty stretching as far as the eye can reach. At night, though, the city is alive with excitement and offers a variety of interesting places to have a good time. A 15-minute drive from the Hilton Trinidad Hotel and Conference Center is the town of Saint James, which is located on Trinidad’s north-western coast.
- James is a district in the Trinidad and Tobago capital of Port of Spain.
- Drive down the Caribbean Sea shore, stopping sometimes to have a bath in the gorgeous crystal blue waters of St.
- Allow yourself a time to sink your toes into the pure white sand and soak in the beauty of this tropical paradise before continuing on your sightseeing tour.
- When the sun goes down and you realize you don’t have the means to continue working on your tan, continue along Western Main Road to find a plethora of clubs and merchants that are open late to guarantee you have enough time to truly enjoy Trinidadian nightlife.
- Hop from bar to bar and try different types of local beers, real Caribbean rum, or one of the many low-cost cocktails available throughout the region.
- Try out some of the dances that the natives are doing as they sway to the energetic, vivid music.
- Aside from the pubs, street vendors and local eateries are available throughout the day and into the evening.
These establishments provide a wide variety of delectable cuisine that is prepared daily and cannot be found at fancy restaurants.
Indulge in mouth-watering burgers, roti, dalphuri, goat, barbeque, locally sourced fresh vegetables, and an unlimited array of other possible options at this upscale restaurant.
Bring on the sweet tooth with what is widely considered to be the greatest ice cream in the entire world!
Some of the most popular flavors among customers include the coconut, Guinness, peanut, pia colada, guava, and soursop.
A visit to B M’s is an absolute must-do while on vacation in the Cayman Islands.
James is complete. A good place to start is with the food, nightlife, and landscape. Discover the Caribbean city that never sleeps by resting all day and partying all night, making it the ultimate tropical holiday destination.
Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago’s capital is Saint James. St. James is a neighborhood in the city of Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. Because of the activities that take place there 24 hours a day, it is known as “the city that never sleeps.” The Western Main Road serves as the primary thoroughfare. It connects the towns of Woodbrook and Cocorite. The Wikimedia Foundation published a report in 2010 titled
Look at other dictionaries:
- Trinidad and Tobago—Trinidadians and Tobagonians are two different people. Trinidad and Tobago is an autonomous republic in the West Indies, consisting of the islands of Trinidad and Tobago
- It is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations. The population is 1,273,141 and the area is 1980 square miles (5128 sq. km). Port of Spain is the capital of Trinidad and Tobago. … Trinidad and Tobago is a member of the Universalium. Trinidad and Tobago’s Defense Force is comprised of the military forces of the country. Service branches include the Regiment, the Air Guard, the Coast Guard, and the Defence Force Reserves (Defence Force Reserves). Manpower Military age (not applicable) Available for military duty were 342,980 people between the ages of 18 and 49 (as of 2000). Music of Trinidad and Tobago—General subjects on Wikipedia
- Music of Trinidad and Tobago—General themes on Wikipedia Music of Trinidad and Tobago is available on this website. Genres Canboulay Calypso Chutney Steelpan (Canboulay Calypso Chutney Steelpan) Calm down. The following resources are available: Wikipedia
- Literature of Trinidad & Tobago— The literature of Trinidad and Tobago has its roots in oral story telling among African slaves, in the European literary traditions of the French creoles, and in the religious and folk tales of the Indian indentured immigrants who arrived in the country during the British colonial period. It grew and flourished in the. … Wikipedia
- A list of issues pertaining to Trinidad and Tobago — This is a comprehensive list of subjects pertaining to Trinidad and Tobago. Users with an interest in the subject can keep track of changes to the pages by selecting Related changes from the left-hand sidebar. Trinidad and Tobago is a country in South America. * Trinidad and Tobago * [Trinidad and Tobago is a. Primary Schools in Trinidad and Tobago are included on Wikipedia and the National School Directory. Assisted educational institutions The Anglican Board of Trustees oversees the operation. In addition to the Anstey Memorial Girls Anglican School in San Fernando, the Arouca Anglican Primary School in Barataria, the Coffee Boys Anglican School in San Fernando, and the Claxton.Wikipedia, Saint James— may refer to the following: * Anstey Memorial Girls Anglican School in San Fernando People **James the Just, a relative of Jesus, was the author of a book in the New Testament. The New Testament’s Epistle of James was written by him
- He was the first of the Seventy mentioned in Luke 10:1–20, and he was the first bishop of. … TRINIDAD ET TOBAGO— Wikipedia
- TRINIDAD ET TOBAGO— The islands of Trinidad and Tobago (4 828 km2, which includes many islands scattered around Venezuela) and Tobago (300 km2), which had been united since 1889 under a single colonial government, achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1962 and joined the Commonwealth of Nations. People dressed in a certain way. … Trinidad and Tobago is included in the Universal Encyclopédie. — The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and Tobago Trinidad and Tobago is a republic in the Caribbean. … Saint Vincent and the Grenadines—Introduction (in German Wikipedia) Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is a Caribbean country located in the Caribbean Sea. Background: Saint Vincent was disputed between France and the United Kingdom throughout the 18th century, and it was finally granted to the latter in 1783 after a long period of dispute. Autonomy was established in 1969, and independence was gained in 1979 after a long struggle. Saint Geography.Universalium
- Saint Geography.
Bayville Holiday Apartment
A SHORT HISTORY OF ST. JAMESOn June 1, 1938, the city of Port of Spain officially recognized St. James as a separate entity. The town of St James served as the administrative center for the Northern Province of the Ameridians in Trinidad and Tobago during the 16th century. St James was then referred to as “Camocorabo,” which is an Ameridian name that translates as “the location of silk cotton trees.” Even today, when we go around St James, we may see silk cotton trees in their natural habitat.
- It was not until 1530 that Governor Antonio Cedeno established the first permanent colony at “Camocorabo,” when he built a fort there.
- The Ameridians, on the other hand, finally seized control of the fort.
- An Irishman named James Devenish landed in Trinidad and Tobago in 1793 on the invitation of Monsieur Roume de St Laurent, a Grenada settler who had previously visited Trinidad and Tobago in 1777.
- According to the rules of the Cedula of Population, Catholics of any nationality were entitled to receive greater land allocations than non-Catholics.
As a result, the Irishman James Devenish, a Catholic, arrived in St James with his wife and a large number of slaves, and established a residence at what was then known as “Peru” Estate, a name given by Devenish that translates as “treasure.” The Peru Estate was one of the first sugar plantations established in Trinidad and Tobago.
Peru Estate was sold to Henderson in June 1820.
Instead, another Irishman, James Woodford O’Brien, a son of Governor Hill and the Post Master General at the time, purchased a portion of Peru Estate from the Hill family.
James Woodford O’Brien was the son of James Woodford O’Brien and Ann Matilda Stone (the couple had no children).
Catherine sold the western portion of Esperanza after Salazar’s death and left the remainder to her three unmarried sisters, two of whom lived in Woodbrook and the other, Mary Angelina Stone, who lived with her brother-in-law James Woodford O’Brien on the site of the old St James Police Station, directly across the street from the St James Gas Station, in her will.
In addition, BAYVILLE is located immediately across the street from the St James Amphitheatre.
In Trinidad and Tobago, the village of St James is considered a model community and the greatest example of ethnic, cultural, and spiritual peace on the island nation’s national landscape.
|Springvale quarry, Couva–Tabaquite–Talparo, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago||10° 23′ 24″ N||61° 26′ 31″ W||32.9km (20.4 miles)|
|Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago||10° 27′ 38″ N||61° 14′ 54″ W||39.1km (24.3 miles)|
|La Brea Pitch Lake, Trinidad and Tobago||10° 14′ 5″ N||61° 37′ 37″ W||49.6km (30.8 miles)|
|Stollmeyer Quarry, Siparia, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago||10° 11′ 47″ N||61° 37′ 50″ W||53.9km (33.5 miles)|
|Mount Irvine, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago||11° 11′ 9″ N||60° 48′ 0″ W||98.5km (61.2 miles)|
Nearby features from geonames.org
|Search more Feature||Type||Latitude||Longitude||Distance||Bearing|
|Saint James Barracks||Barracks||10° 40′ 19″ N||61° 31′ 51″ W||0.4km (0.2 miles)|
|Western Cemetery||Cemetery||10° 40′ 27″ N||61° 32′ 15″ W||0.5km (0.3 miles)|
|Woodbrook Cemetery||Cemetery||10° 39′ 59″ N||61° 32′ 5″ W||0.6km (0.4 miles)|
|Ambassador||Hotel||10° 40′ 30″ N||61° 31′ 43″ W||0.7km (0.5 miles)|
|Fatima College||College||10° 39′ 54″ N||61° 31′ 55″ W||0.8km (0.5 miles)|
|Peru||Populated place||10° 39′ 49″ N||61° 32′ 8″ W||0.9km (0.6 miles)|
|Mucurapo||Populated place||10° 39′ 45″ N||61° 32′ 13″ W||1.1km (0.7 miles)|
|Woodbrook||Populated place||10° 39′ 50″ N||61° 31′ 42″ W||1.1km (0.7 miles)|
|Nelson Mandela Park||Park||10° 40′ 8″ N||61° 31′ 29″ W||1.1km (0.7 miles)|
|Hasely Crawford Stadium||Stadium||10° 39′ 41″ N||61° 32′ 6″ W||1.1km (0.7 miles)|
Regions in mindat.org that contain this locality
|Caribbean Plate||Tectonic Plate|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Country|
Regions in GADM Database
|Trinidad and Tobago, Port of Spain||18.104.22.168.0.0|
Saint James, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago, North America
Saint James is located in the America/Port of Spain time zone. The morning sunrise is at 06:25 a.m., while the evening sunset is at 17:56 p.m. It’s DarkRough’s GPS coordinates. Longitude -61.5353°, Latitude 10.6731°, Longitude -61.5353
WeathernearSaint JamesLast report from Piarco International Airport, Trinidad,39km away
Temperature: 22 degrees Celsius / 72 degrees Fahrenheit the wind is blowing at 0km/h northClouds are few at 1600ft
Satellite map of Saint Jamesand it’s surroudings.
In addition to Piarco(POS), there is Guiria(GUI) in Guiria, Venezuela (143.6km) and Crown point(TAB) in Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago (155.5km). There is also Point salines international(GND) in Point salines, Grenada (248.3km)