- 1 St. Bonaventure University Location
- 2 Address
- 3 Map
- 4 St Bonaventure University
- 5 About St Bonaventure University
- 6 Explore these featured universities
- 7 Key statistics
- 8 Subjects taught at St Bonaventure University
- 9 Upcoming Events
- 10 St. Bonaventure University Rankings
- 11 Admissions
- 12 Academics
- 13 Majors
- 14 School of Health Professions
- 15 Online
- 16 Students
- 17 Campus Life
- 18 After College
- 19 St. Bonaventure University Reviews
- 20 St. Bonaventure University – The Princeton Review College Rankings & Reviews
- 21 Admissions
- 22 SATACT Test Scores
- 23 Deadlines
- 24 Other Admission Factors
- 25 Selectivity Rating
- 26 Academics
- 27 Majors
- 28 Career Services
- 29 Prominent Alumni
- 30 Careers
- 31 TuitionAid
- 32 Expenses per Academic Year
- 33 Available Aid
- 34 Student Body
- 35 Demographics
- 36 Housing Options
- 37 Special Needs Admissions
- 38 Special Need Services Offered
- 39 Student Activities
- 40 Sports
- 41 Sustainability
- 42 Campus Security Report
- 43 Other Information
- 44 Welcome To College
- 45 St Bonaventure University
- 46 AboutSt Bonaventure University
- 47 Location
- 48 St Bonaventure UniversityRankings
- 49 Most Popular Majors
- 50 Graduation Rate
When you are a student at St. Bonaventure, you will not always be on campus. If you are considering a school in a busy city or a huge country, be sure you can envision yourself enjoying the environment surrounding the college. Another essential consideration is the distance between the student’s residence and St. Bonaventure University. As the home of St. Bonaventure University, the town of Saint Bonaventure, New York, is an excellent match for individuals who like the pleasures of a small town.
St. Bonaventure University3261 W. State RoadSaint Bonaventure, New York 14778-9800 St. Bonaventure University3261 W. State RoadSaint Bonaventure, New York 14778-9800
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire UniversityYou have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor’s degree to get into a career or want a master’s degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Learn more|
501-600th in the United States College Rankings in 2022
College Rankings in the United States of America, 501-600th
Explore these featured universities
501-600th in the United States College Rankings for 2022
- $35,431 for out-of-state tuition and fees(1)
- $45,400 for salary after ten years(1)
- $13,120 for on-campus room and board(1)
Out-of-state Tuition and Fees(1); $45,400 Salary after 10 years(1); $13,120 On-campus Room and Board(1); $35,431 Tuition and Fees(1); $45,400 Salary after 10 years(1);
BONAVENTURE, NY 14778 3261 W. STATE ROAD ST. BONAVENTURE, NY 14778 Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (without football) Athletic Conference is a group of athletes that compete in athletic competitions. Conference of the Atlantic 10 The following is from St. Bonaventure University Shaped by its ideals of compassion, knowledge, and honesty, and recognized for its worth — according to U.S. News & World Report, we’re the fourth most valuable company in New York and the fifth most valuable in the North — Bona’s is a transforming community that is dedicated to academic success as well as community service.
Bonaventure University provides all of the opportunities of a major university while also keeping the intimate atmosphere of a small college setting.
Bonaventure will be a welcoming environment for you.
You’re welcome to visit whenever you like.
- St. Bonaventure University in New York Take a look at the event description After taking a tour of the campus, meet with an Admissions representative for an information session to hear more about what St. Bonaventure has to offer you.
Preview Day – Afternoon Session
- St. Bonaventure University in New York State. View the Event’s Specifics After taking a tour of the campus, meet with an Admissions representative for an information session to hear more about what St. Bonaventure has to offer you
Preview Day – Morning Session
- St. Bonaventure University, New York View the full event description After taking a tour of the campus, meet with an Admissions representative for an information session to hear more about what St. Bonaventure has to offer
Preview Day – Afternoon Session
- New York’s St. Bonaventure University View the Event Description After taking a campus tour, meet with an Admissions representative for an information session to hear more about what St. Bonaventure has to offer
The rankings of niches are based on a thorough examination of crucial facts from the United States Department of Education as well as millions of evaluations.
After financial help, the average cost for students who receive grant or scholarship aid, according to the college’s statistics. Students who get financial aid receive 100 percent of the total amount awarded on average.
Academic achievement, pay, student evaluations, and other criteria are taken into consideration when assigning grades to professors. Evening degree programs have a student-to-faculty ratio of 12:1. Yes A majority of students (83 percent) believe that instructors put out a great deal of effort into teaching their classes.
There have been 30 replies. Approximately 64 percent of students believe that it is simple to get into the classes they desire. There were 33 answers. Sixty-five percent of students believe that managing their workload is simple. There were 34 answers.
- Sport and Fitness Management28Graduates
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia 26 Graduates in Special Education and Teaching22Graduates in Special Education and Teaching
School of Health Professions
It was founded in 2016 to meet a national demand for professionals in the medical, public health, and other allied health sectors. The School of Health Professions offers undergraduate nursing, public health, and health science degrees, as well as graduate programs in these subjects. We have three graduate programs to choose from: Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies, Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, and Master of Public Health are all options for students.
Online Certificate Programs0Online Associate Programs0Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs0 Bachelor’s Degree Programs Available Online0
- Mix of online and on-campus learning11 percent
- On-campus learning89 percent
- Online learning 0 percent
Enrollment in Full-Time Studies1,767UndergraduatesPoll The typical student at this school may be summarized in one word or phrase, so please share it with us.
- Chill Students appreciate the strong degree of school spirit, which receives 29 percent of their votes. Uptight10 percent, Drug Addicted Drunk5%, Outgoing5%, and Extraordinary24% are the top five characteristics.
Freshmen are required to live on campus. 97 percent of those who voted The majority of students (85%) claim they do not participate in Greek life. There were 27 answers. According to a poll, varsity athletics constitute a significant component of campus life for 68% of students. There have been 40 replies. Poll What is the one word or phrase that best represents your institution?
- The thing is, it comes in a small package. The following are the percentages: 39 percent
- Small22 percent
- Challenging17 percent
- It’s like having a home away from home. 9% of the population
- 4 percent of the population lives away from home
- There’s a huge gaping hole in the globe, similar to a gigantic black pit. 4 percent
- 4 percent
Earnings on a median basis six years after graduation Employed within two years of graduation After graduation, 80 percent of students are optimistic that they will be able to find work in their industry. There have been 20 replies.
6 Years After Graduation, the Median Earnings are employed two years after completing his degree After graduation, 80 percent of students believe they would be able to find work in their industry. Responses were received in total of 20 Selecting a category from the list below will take you to a different page. All of the categories St Bonaventure has accepted my commitment to play baseball, and the entire recruiting process has been fantastic. During my visit, everyone was quite kind and honest, and they all seemed to genuinely enjoy their time at this school.
- I mean, this school is a hit with the students!
- The feelings are genuine.
- Bonaventure University has been reviewed by 1 person.
- Bonaventure University had an important role in shaping my life and providing me with opportunities and experiences that I will never forget or be able to duplicate.
- Bonaventure means to be adored by every Bonnie who has been before you and every Bonnie who will come after you.
- No one is as enthusiastic about their school as Bonnies are about their school.
- Afterwards, the faculty gave me the opportunity to reshape my major into whatever I felt was necessary in order to achieve those ambitions.
None of this occurs in the case of St.
There is a strong sense of camaraderie among all of the students and alumni.
The level of attention and assistance you will receive will much beyond that of any other school I have visited.
Because it is a Division I institution, sports games are mandatory, and the athletic facilities are exceptional.
Their capacity to accommodate the needs of students in terms of tuition is out of this world, especially considering that they are a private institution. I hope this is of assistance to anyone who is seeking for information on this site. Bonnas is well worth your time and effort!
A tiny Franciscan university with around 1,800 undergraduate students, St. Bonaventure University is located in Buffalo, New York. This institution offers “a well-balanced college experience that helps students to feel secure after graduation,” excellent academic programs, and “an incredibly vast heart,” among other things. St. Bonaventure University is “extremely attentive to the need for small class sizes to promote education results,” and the 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio ensures that students have personal ties with their instructors and have serious debates with their fellow students.
As a student, I’ve found that going through the same classes with the same classmates throughout my career makes it simpler to work in groups and seek aid,” she explains.
The faculty members provide real-world expertise to the classroom and pique students’ interest in a wide range of academic fields, and “every single instructor goes out of their way to support students in any way they can.” If students want assistance and have a genuine desire to master the topic, “will commit a significant amount of time to you.” Faculty “work really hard to make their lessons better” and “take our teacher evaluations very seriously,” says one student.
Because of Bonaventure’s small size, each student has the chance to “tutor, teach, do research, and take on leadership roles during their undergraduate years,” and the institution has a high rate of professional placement.
Students in the Bona Bubble “watch out for one another both during and beyond our undergraduate years,” according to the students. Students are encouraged to “be polite to one another” as part of the school culture. A student states, “All of my friends are aware that the bubble we have created on campus is undeniably unique.” In addition to holding doors open for one another all across campus (“If door holding were an Olympic sport, we’d win gold”), these “unfailingly friendly” students “connect and create a group enthusiastic about their small-town school,” according to the Daily Herald.
The close-knit community that kids thrive in here frequently causes people to get so close that “leaving home for break might be tough because you miss them so much.”
During and after their college careers, students in the Bona Bubble “watch out for each other” in the Bona Bubble. Students are encouraged to “be courteous of one another” as part of the school culture. A student adds, “Everyone on campus knows that the bubble we’ve created here is undeniably unique.” In addition to holding doors open for one another all across campus (“If door holding were an Olympic sport, we’d win gold”), these “unfailingly friendly” students “connect and create a group enthusiastic about their small-town school,” according to the article.
According to one kid, once a Bonnie is always a Bonnie. People are frequently so strongly linked at this school because of the familial atmosphere that they “find it difficult to return home for break because you miss them so much.”
Applicants:3,058 Acceptance Rate: 75% of those who apply Average GPA in high school: 3.30
SATACT Test Scores
Evidence-Based Reading and Writing on the SAT the 25th to the 75th percentile (enrolled students) 500 to 600 (510-620) SAT 25th-75th percentile in mathematics (enrolled students) ACT Composite Scores between 520 and 620 the 25th to the 75th percentile (enrolled students) ages 19 to 26
July 30th is the regular deadline.
Other Admission Factors
Academic Academic GPARecommendation based on the rigor of a secondary school record (s) Non-Academic Personal Characteristics / Personal Qualities
Get a customized plan for submitting a competitive application from a college admissions professional. Read on to find out more
The most often encountered class size is 20 to 29 students. The most often encountered lab / sub section size is 20 – 29.
Bachelor’sMaster’s Certificate of completion of a post-degree bachelor’s Certificate of Post-Degree Master’s
There are on-campus job interviews available through Career ServicesAlumni NetworkAlumni ServicesClassesInterest InventoryInternshipsRegional AlumniOpportunities at SchoolExperiential Internships
Bob Lanier is a computer scientist who works in the field of artificial intelligence. Basketball Hall of Famer and Special Assistant to the NBA Commissioner, Michael Jordan Janet I. Bodnar is the editor-in-chief of Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine (since retired). Debra Henretta, Procter & Gamble’s Group President (retired), James E. Meyer, Sirius XM Radio Inc.’s Chief Executive Officer Dan Barry is an American actor and director who is most known for his role in the film The Great Gatsby.
Employment Opportunities Are Available on-Campus Career Services is a service that helps people find work. Networking with AlumniAlumni Services Classes Internships and Internship Interest Inventory Alumni from the region Possibilities Available at School ExperientialInternship
Average total need-based gift aid received by freshmen Undergraduate Total Need-Based Gift Aid on a Percentage Basis Those undergraduates who have borrowed money through a loan program of any kind The average amount of student loan debt owed by graduates The average amount of each freshmen scholarship/grant package is as follows: International students are eligible for financial assistance.
Expenses per Academic Year
The average cost of books and supplies is $800. Tuition and fees vary depending on the year of study. There is no transportation for commuters. On-campus room and board is $13,620.
Methods of Providing Financial Assistance Scholarships and Grants from the federal government Need-Based Funding for need-based college/university scholarships or grants provided by the institution Federal Pell Grants Awarded on the Basis of Need Private Scholarships for Deserving Students SEOGNeed-Based State Scholarships are available to those who demonstrate financial need. There is non-need-based scholarship or grant help available via the institution. Programs for Direct Student Loans from the Federal Government Direct PLUS Loans are a type of loan that allows you to borrow money without having to go through a bank.
There are 1,840 undergraduate students enrolled in total, with 24 foreign countries represented.
Undergraduates who live on campus 82 percent Assistance in locating off-campus housing There are no first-year students who live on campus. 98 percent of the population Environment on the CampusVillage
a single apartment, a disabled student, a co-ed dormitory, a female dormitory, a male dormitory, a theme housing complex, or wellness housing
Special Needs Admissions
Name of the program or service Services for People with Disabilities Type of ProgramThis program is open to all students with impairments. College Entrance Examinations Are Required
Special Need Services Offered
Calculator is permitted in examinations. Exams with a dictionary are permitted. Exams are permitted to be conducted using a computer. Exams are permitted to use a spellchecker. Environment that is devoid of distractions Accommodations for kids with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) Various more types of assistive technology
Student Organizations that are officially recognized 60 Number of Honor Societies in the United States15 The number of social sororities is zero. Number of Religious Organizations in the United States4
Intramural sports are enjoyed by 13% of the population. Intercollegiate sports are enjoyed by 18 percent of the population. Men’s Sports are a diverse group of activities (Bonnies) There are 11 sports to choose from. Baseball Sporting events include basketball, cross-country skiing, and diving. GolfLacrosse Rugby SoccerSwimming TennisTrack Field in the Open Air Women’s Athletics (Bonnies) Sports (nine) Sporting events include basketball, cross-country skiing, and diving. Lacrosse Soccer Softball, swimming, tennis, and a track are all available outside.
degrees with a sustainability focus available percent of food budget spent on locally sourced and organic foods Alternative modes of transportation are available. Employees Have the Option of Working a Condensed Workweek Compensation or programs that encourage employees to live close to their places of employment Bicycle Commuters Can Take Advantage Of Indoor and Secure Bike Storage, Shower Facilities, and Lockers. Employees at the school can participate in a telecommuting program.
Campus Security Report
Campus Safety and Security Report A crime that poses an immediate or ongoing threat to students or campus employees falls under the purview of the Jeanne Clery Act. This act requires colleges and universities to make their security policies public, maintain an open crime log, publish an annual crime report, and issue timely warnings to students and campus employees about the crime. Additional materials may be found on The Princeton Review’s page on campus safety, which includes: Whenever possible, the Princeton Review posts direct links to each school’s Campus Security Reports.
Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Cutting Tool, supplied by the Office of Postsecondary Education of the United States Department of Education, allows applicants to view all school-specific campus safety information.
Percentage of classrooms with wireless internet access on a campus-wide internet network Partnerships with Technology-Related Businesses Each student will receive a personal computer as part of their tuition. Discounts are available from hardware suppliers.
Welcome To College
St. Bonaventure University is a private, coeducational university located in the city of Syracuse, New York. Majors/Programs: In addition to more than 50 undergraduate majors and programs, which include pre-health dual admittance programs, the university offers 20 graduate degrees, two of which are completely online. Location: The southwest part of New York state, between the cities of Olean and Allegany; 1.5 hours south of Buffalo and 1.5 hours east of Erie, Pennsylvania. The campus is 500 acres in size and has 31 academic and support buildings as well as housing halls.
- Tuition: For an estimate of undergraduate tuition expenses, please see this page.
- To learn more about graduate tuition and fees, please visit this page.
- Retention 84 percent of freshman return for their second year, according to graduation statistics.
- Student demographics include: 54 percent females and 46 percent males; students from 33 states and 20 international countries are represented.
- SAT score on average: 1067 (reading and math) ACT score on average: 24 Small Classrooms: We have a student-to-faculty ratio of 11:1, which allows us to provide a more personalized experience in our classes.
- Alumni Participation: The Bonaventure Fund receives funding from more than 25,000 active alumni, or 20.41 percent of the total.
- Exceptional scholarship is available at our institution, which includes the famous Franciscan Institute, the most comprehensive Franciscan resource library in the Americas, and where 80 percent of our full-time professors possess a doctorate or terminal degree.
- It responds cries for assistance from near and far; our Warming House is thought to be the oldest student-run soup kitchen in the country; and it sends teams to Africa and the Bahamas to assist people in need.
- Bonaventure students give back to their communities.
St. Bonaventure University is a private, coeducational university located in the heart of the city of Syracuse, New York. Majors/Programs: In addition to more than 50 undergraduate majors and programs, which include pre-health dual admittance programs, the university offers 20 graduate degrees, two of which are entirely online. In the southwest part of New York state, between the cities of Olean and Allegany; 1.5 hours south of Buffalo and 1.5 hours east of Erie, Pennsylvania. Description: On the campus, there are 31 academic and support buildings in addition to housing halls, covering 500 acres total.
- For an estimate of undergraduate tuition expenses, please visit this page: tuition.
- Graduate tuition and fees may be found by visiting this page: graduate tuition and fees.
- Retention 84 percent of first-year students return for their sophomore year, according to graduation statistics 64% of students graduate within six years of beginning their studies (20 percent higher than the national average).
- 88 percent on the high school academic scale 1067 on the SAT scale is considered average (reading and math) ACT score on average: 24 (out of 30).
- Students who reside on campus account for 75% of the total student body.
- For similar-sized institutions throughout the country, the average is 12.6%.
- Bona, the service It responds cries for assistance from near and far; our Warming House is thought to be the oldest student-run soup kitchen in the country; and it sends volunteers to Africa and the Bahamas to assist people in need.
Some of the ways in which St. Bonaventure students give back are listed below. New York University is a proud member of the Independent College Sector of New York State, which has a total economic impact of more than $63 billion, including $4 billion in institutionally provided financial assistance.
St. Bonaventure Institution is a private Franciscan university located in the town of Allegany, in the state of New York. There are around 2,100 undergraduate and graduate students enrolled. The institution was founded in 1858 by the Franciscan Brothers of St. Francis. In athletics, the St. Bonaventure Bonnies compete in the Atlantic 10 Conference, where they compete in sports that are part of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I. When referring to the institution, students and alumni commonly refer to it as Bona’s, which is taken from the school’s original name, St Bonaventure’s College.
In the city of Saint Bonaventure, New York. Cattaraugus County is located at 3261 West State Road in Saint Bonaventure, NY 14778.
A comprehensive and in-depth review of crucial facts from the United States Department of Education is used to determine Prepler rankings. The Best Colleges in the United States in 2022 889of68282022 Colleges in New York City that are the best 75of453 Catholic Universities in New York State’s Best 9of20
Most Popular Majors
St Bonaventure University’s most popular undergraduate major is Business Management, which is followed by Education, Journalism, Biomedical Sciences, and Social Sciences.
When it comes to college graduation rates, they are an excellent predictor of the success of the institution’s students in achieving their educational goals. Graduation rate is defined by Prepler as the proportion of first-time, full-time students who graduate fromSt Bonaventure Universitywithin four or six years after enrolling for the first time.