- 1 South St. Paul, Minnesota – Wikipedia
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Education
- 5 Religion
- 6 Notable people
- 7 References
- 8 South Saint Paul
- 9 South Saint Paul, MN – Geographic Facts & Maps
- 10 South Saint Paul Quick Facts
- 11 Guide to South St. Paul Minnesota
- 12 Zip Code 55075 Profile, Map and Demographics – Updated January 2022
- 13 All Zip Codes in South Saint Paul MN
- 14 South Saint Paul, MN Demographic Information *
- 15 South Saint Paul, MN Other Information
- 16 86 Cities within 30 miles of South Saint Paul, MN
- 17 ZIP-Codes.com Products
- 18 Map – South St. Paul, Minnesota (South Saint Paul)
- 19 Dakota County Services
- 20 Regarding Your Home
- 21 Other Dakota County Services
- 22 Passports
- 23 South Saint Paul map with satellite view
- 24 Free printable PDF Map of South Saint Paul, Dakota county
- 25 Directions
- 26 Helpful Information for tourists
- 27 Shopping in South Saint Paul
- 28 Cultural Institutions of South Saint Paul
- 29 Educational Institutions in South Saint Paul
- 30 Stadiums and Sports Activities in South Saint Paul
- 31 South Saint Paul’s airports
- 32 Living in South St. Paul
- 33 South St. Paul Rankings
- 34 CrimeSafety
- 35 Residents
- 36 Working in South St. Paul
- 37 South St. Paul Reviews
- 38 U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: South St. Paul city, Minnesota
South St. Paul, Minnesota – Wikipedia
|South St. Paul|
|City of South St. Paul|
|Grandview Park overlooking the Mississippi River|
|Motto(s):Looking down Grand Avenue in South St. Paul towards the Mississippi River|
|Location of the city of South St. Paul withinDakota County, Minnesota|
|Coordinates:44°53′17″N93°2′44″W / 44.88806°N 93.04556°W|
|South St. Paul||January 1, 1887|
|Total||6.07 sq mi (15.72 km 2)|
|Land||5.62 sq mi (14.56 km 2)|
|Water||0.45 sq mi (1.16 km 2)|
|Elevation||719 ft (219 m)|
|Density||3,567.49/sq mi (1,377.41/km 2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6(Central (CST))|
|ZIP codes||55075, 55076|
|Website||City of South St. Paul|
It is a city in Dakota County, Minnesota, and is located directly south and southeast of the capital city ofSt. Paul, United States. It is also located to the east of West St. Paul. At the time of the 2010 census, the population was 20,160 people. It was formerly known for being a large meat-packing center, which contributed to its prominence. As a result, many of the city’s people are derived from immigrants of Southern European and Eastern European ancestry who came to work in the meat-packing facilities during the early twentieth century.
Paul” has been in operation in the city.
It has a total area of 6.14 square miles (15.90 km2), of which 5.65 square miles (14.63 km2) is land and 0.49 square miles (1.27 km2) is water, according to the United States Census Bureau. South St. Paul is traversed by three main highways: Interstate 494, United States Highway 52, and Minnesota State Highway 156, among others. Fleming Field, a tiny general aviation airfield located in South St. Paul, serves the surrounding area. For most of South St. Paul’s existence, the Saint Paul Union Stockyards served as the primary source of income.
The stockyards have been closed since 2008, and most of the surrounding region is currently being renovated.
|U.S. Decennial Census2018 Estimate|
The city had a population of 20,160 people in 2010, with 8,186 houses and 5,065 families, according to the 2010 census. The population density was 3,568.1 residents per square mile (1,377.7 inhabitants per kilometer squared). There were 8,666 dwelling units at an average density of 1,533.8 housing units per square mile (592.2 housing units per kilometer squared). 85.3 percent of the population was White, 3.9 percent was African American, 0.8 percent was Native American, 1.2 percent was Asian, 0.1 percent was Pacific Islander, 5.4 percent was from other races, and 3.4 percent was a mix of two or more races.
There were 8,186 households, 31.4 percent of which had children under the age of 18 living with them, 42.2 percent of which were married couples living together, 14.2 percent of which had a female householder who was not her husband’s present, 5.4 percent of which had a male householder who was not his wife’s present, and 38.1 percent of which were not families.
The average household size was 2.44 people, with a family size of 3.04 people on average.
Approximately 23.8 percent of people were under the age of 18; 8.4 percent were between the ages of 18 and 24; 28.8 percent were between the ages of 25 and 44; 27 percent were between the ages of 45 and 64; and 12 percent were beyond the age of 65.
The city has a gender split of 49.2 percent males and 50.8 percent females, according to the 2010 census.
The population of the city was 20,167 people in 2000, with 8,123 homes and 5,255 families living there, according to the census. This area has a population density of 3,515.9 people per square mile (1,356.5 people per km2). There were 8,313 dwelling units at an average density of 1,449.3 per square mile (559.2/km2), which was higher than the national average. 92.63 percent of the population was white, 1.28 percent was African American, 0.57 percent was Native American, 0.82 percent was Asian, 0.01 percent was Pacific Islander, 2.80 percent was from other races, and 1.90 percent was a mix of two or more races.
The census counted 8,123 households, of which 32.5 percent had children under the age of 18 living with them, 47.0 percent were married couples living together, 13.1 percent were headed by a female householder who did not have a husband present, and 35.3 percent were non-families, according to the census data.
- It was found that the average household size was 2.47 people, and the average family size was 3.05.
- The median age in this group was 35 years.
- There were 93.1 men for every 100 females over the age of 18 in the population.
- Males had a median income of $36,466 compared to females’ median income of $28,415 in 2010.
- Approximately 4.1 percent of households and 6.1 percent of the population lived below the poverty line, with 6.8 percent of those under the age of 18 and 5.7 percent of those 65 and over falling into this category.
The public school system in South St. Paul is comprised of two elementary schools, one secondary school (for grades 6-12), and a community-learning center. The first South St. Paul schools opened their doors in 1853. At the time, the schools were known as the Kaposia School District, and they served the children of local inhabitants, missionaries, and the chiefs of theKaposiaVillage Native American tribe. The area, which was formerly under the authority of Dakota County, includes portions of West St.
- Schools were taken over by the newly constituted cities and their councils in 1887, when the county relinquished control over them.
- It was during this time period that the city’s rapid expansion and development of its schools culminated, with more than 6,000 children attending six elementary schools, one high school and one junior high school in the 1970s, which was the city’s peak population.
- Paul schools began to fall in the 1980s, the community was forced to make the painful decision to consolidate school facilities, resulting in the closure of several schools.
- In 1999, the South St.
- Paul School District.
Paul School District, which serves around 3,500 students. It is also home to two private schools, Holy Trinity Catholic School and St. John Vianney Catholic School, which are located in South St. Paul.
Holy Trinity Catholic School
Holy Trinity School officially opened its doors on September 7, 1954, to a total of 243 students. The structure included eight classrooms on the first floor and a cafeteria on the second. Pre-kindergarten through eighth grade were offered at the school. Following the events of September 7, 1954, the number of students enrolled increased at an alarming rate. By the beginning of the 1963-64 school year, the total number of students had surpassed 600. Following a decline in enrollment, attendance reached a low point of more than 80 students during the 1984-85 school year.
The following year, a kindergarten that was open all day, every day was established.
Since then, it has expanded to include several more classrooms as well as athletic programs.
St. John Vianney Catholic School
With 109 pupils in grades one through four when SJV school first opened its doors in 1956, it was considered a success. By 1958, the school was able to accommodate students in grades one through eight. The addition of a preschool and kindergarten program occurred in 1974. The introduction of a full-day kindergarten program, as well as an extended-day program, occurred in the fall of 1992. SJV was offering academic programs for preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1 through 6, as well as an extended day program, at the time of this writing.
John Vianney Catholic School in West Saint Paul in 2010 after it was amalgamated with Saint Michael Catholic School of West Saint Paul.
The Saint John Vianney Church is now renting out its premises to a charter school, according to the church.
Our church is affiliated with the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) in South St. Paul and is a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Association (WELA).
Clark Memorial United Church of Christ
CMUCC was founded by Charles W. Clark on October 25, 1887, and is located in Columbia, Missouri. Throughout the years, the church has undergone a number of remodels and structural adjustments. CMUCC has even been the victim of a fire, yet the dedicated parishioners rallied to rebuild the church. The mission of the church is to promote the interests of the congregation on a local, state, national, and international level. When new activities and needs develop, CMUCC also lends its support to the ministry of the United Church of Christ.
St. Stefan Romanian Orthodox Church
The Romanian Orthodox Parish of St. Stefan was established in 1923 by Romanian immigration, although the physical church building was not completed until 1924.
The parish became a religious non-profit organization on June 27, 1924, when it was formally established as such. The church was dedicated in 1935 by Bishop Policarp Morusca, who was the first Romanian Orthodox Bishop to serve in the United States.
St Mary’s Coptic Orthodox Church
The congregation of St. Mary’s Coptic Orthodox Church of Minnesota was established in the early 1960s as a result of the efforts of Bishop Samuel, who visited Coptic student organizations at several American institutions on an annual basis. A group of around 10 Coptic graduate students, some of whom were also parents, gathered for Christian prayer at the University of Minnesota at that time.
Holy Trinity Catholic Parish (Holy Trinity and Saint Augustine Catholic Churches)
However, it wasn’t until June 1940 that Bishop John Ireland designated J. F. Siegienski to be the first permanent pastor of the Church of the Holy Trinity. The church had been created by Bishop Ireland in November 1917. The parish of Holy Trinity was founded as a Polish congregation. On June 30, 1940, the first Mass was celebrated. The church and rectory were completed by 1942, and the church was blessed by Archbishop John Murray in the same year. The parish of St. Augustine was officially formed on June 11, 1896.
- Joseph T.
- The first church, which located on the southeast corner of Fourth Avenue and Grand Avenue, where the Greystone Apartment complex currently sits, was dedicated on August 30, 1896, by Archbishop Ireland.
- The church was destroyed by fire on March 31, 1923, just a few months after it had been renovated, extended, and reinforced with brick.
- This month’s Argument of the Month continues to be hosted by the church.
St. John Vianney Catholic Church
St. John Vianney Parish was created on July 5, 1946, as the third Catholic parish in South St. Paul, as a result of the population growth in the area following World War II. It was under the administration of Father Harold Whittet and became the third Catholic parish in the area. The parish rented the pavilion in Kaposia Park and performed its first Mass there on July 28, 1946, because neither church or school had yet been erected at the time of its founding, which was a temporary solution. Groundbreaking rituals were held on August 5, 1946, and the first makeshift chapel was built out of two Army barracks on the same day.
- In order to raise funds, a roller skating rink was constructed in the church’s basement shortly thereafter.
- Initially, the Sisters of St.
- By 1958, the school had eight grades, ranging from one to eight.
- Originally constructed of two army barracks, the improvised church structure was demolished, and the service area was relocated to the lower level of the school building (its current location).
- From that time until 1989, the School Sisters of Notre Dame were in charge of the operation of the school.
- This past school year, the St.
- The Parish Life and Community Center, which contains a gymnasium, kitchen and cafeteria, conference rooms, and a larger gathering area, was completed in May 2000, allowing SJV to expand its facilities even further.
The expansion was built in March 2001 and dedicated on May 19, 2001, according to the official website. Terry Beeson is the priest in charge at the moment.
- Jim Carter, football player
- Justin Faulk, hockey player
- Trevor Fehrman, actor and writer
- Rollin Glewwe, Minnesota state senator and politician
- Grant Hart, drummer
- Phil Housley, hockey player
- Sunisa Lee, Olympic gold medalist and gymnast
- Harold LeVander, Governor of Minnesota
- Betty McCollum, politician
- Tim Pawlenty, Governor of Minnesota
- And others. The former Roman Catholic Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, James Patrick Shannon, was the first and only Bishop to resign from the clergy following Vatican II. Conrado Vega, a state legislator from Minnesota
- Doug Woog, a professional hockey player
- Alex Stalock, a goaltender for the Minnesota Wild of the National Hockey League
The location is 44°53′31′′N93°02′10′′W / 44.89194°N 93.03611°W. The longitude is 44°53′31′′ and the longitude is 93°02′10′′.
South Saint Paul
South Saint Paul is a city in Dakota County in the southeastern Minnesota region of the United States. On the Mississippi River, it is just across from and next to the city of St. Paul. It was established in the 1850s on the site of aSiouxvillage (Kaposia, 1826–53), which had previously existed. Until 1889, the South St. Paul district comprised parts of West St. Paul as well as other neighborhoods. As a result of the opening of the St. Paul Union Stockyards in 1886, a major influx of predominantly Central and Eastern European immigrants to the city to work in the yards and accompanying meatpacking industries was witnessed.
- In the following years, efforts at rehabilitation were intensified, and the former site of a significant facility was transformed into an industrial park throughout the 1990s.
- Inver Grove Heights, a local community college founded in 1969, offers a variety of educational opportunities.
- Paul is a part of the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area, which is located in the state of Minnesota.
- was founded in 1887.
South Saint Paul, MN – Geographic Facts & Maps
South Saint Paulis a city in the county of Dakota in the U.S. state of Minnesota. It is the county seat of Dakota County. It had a population of 20,160 people at the time of the 2010 census. Approximately 19,916 people lived in the city in 2020, according to population estimates. The city was founded in 1886, which makes it 135 years old.
South Saint Paul Quick Facts
|Country:||United States of America|
|Phone Area Codes:||651|
|Area:||15902526 km 2|
|Altitude:||719 feet / 219 meters|
|Establishment:||January 01, 1887 (135 years ago)|
|Local time:||19:05:00 (7th January 2022)|
|Population growth:||-1.23% (2010-2020)|
The location of South Saint Paul on a map of Minnesota. Sstp
South Saint Paul is situated at 44°53’34″N 93°2’6″W on the Mississippi River (44.8927400, -93.0349400). In the ten years since the last census, the population of South Saint Paul has fallen by 1.23 percent.
|Estimated population as of July 1, 2019:||19,964|
|Based on demographic estimates as of April 1, 2010:||18,495|
|Based on demographic estimates as of 1 April2010:||7.9%|
|April 1, 2020 Population:||20,381|
|April 1, 2010 Population:||18,482|
|People under 5 years old, percentage:||6.3%|
|People under 18 years old, percentage:||20.2%|
|People over 65 (%):||17.1%|
|Female persons, %:||51.8%|
|White only, percent:||95.8%|
|Black or African American alone, percent:||0.8%|
|American Indian and Alaska Native only, %:||0.1%|
|Asians alone %:||0.7%|
|Only Native Hawaiians and Other Pacific Islanders, %:||0.0%|
|% of people who have participated in two or more races:||2.1%|
|% of Hispanic or Latino:||1.5%|
|White people, not Hispanic or Latino people, make up the majority of the population.:||94.8%|
|Percentage of foreign-born people, 2015-2019:||3.2%|
|Rate of owner-occupied housing units, 2015-2019:||65.5%|
The zip code for South Saint Paul is 55075. Dakota is the name of the county. Fips for the county: 27037 South Saint Paul, the City of South Saint Paul, South Saint Paul
Guide to South St. Paul Minnesota
|NavigationLakesnWoods.comHomePage Contact Us Privacy Minnesota History ShopVisit The Minnesota History Shopwww.minnesotahistoryshop.comHistoric mapsHistoric booksHistoric framed art HistoricpostcardsClothing with historicimages And much more!South St. Paul Guide:Photo Gallery Location Geography Demographics History Government Post Office News Weather Street Map Events Attractions Recreation Lakes Health Care Schools Churches Media Motels Resorts Campgrounds Businesses Aerial Photo TopographicMap� 2004-2022 Lakeweb1 Internet ServicesAll Rights ReservedDCMA, Defamation, Copyright and Trademark Infingement PolicyWANTED!Do you have photos, historical accounts or otheritems pertaining to the South St. Paul area? Would you like to share thishistorical information with the world? LakesnWoods.com would liketo publish your South St. Paul photos (current or historical) or historicalaccounts on this website. Original materials can be returned andyour privacy will be respected.Contact us|
South St. Paul, Minnesota Community Guide
|South St. Paul (city)||1970||1980||1990||2000||2008(est)||1990-2000Change|
|Land Area (sq. mile)||5.40||5.91||5.73||5.74||–||0.01||0.10|
|Density (persons per sq. mile)||4,632.6||3,593.1||3,524.8||3,515.9||–||-8.88||-0.25|
|Persons Per Household||–||2.72||2.53||2.47||2.41||-0.06||-2.49|
Location:South St. Paul is a city in Dakota County in the state of Minnesota, and it is located directly south and southeast of the city of Saint Paul. Interstate Highway 494, United States Highway 52, and Minnesota Highway 156 are three of the city’s primary thoroughfares. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 6.1 square miles (15.9 km), of which 5.7 square miles (14.9 km) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km) is water, accounting for 6.51 percent of the total area.
- This information comes from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- The population density per square mile (1,356.5 people per km2) was 3,515.9 people.
- There were 92.63 percent white people, 1.28 percent African Americans, 0.57 percent Native Americans, 0.82 percent Asians, 0.01 percent Pacific Islanders, 2.80 percent from other races, and 1.90 percent who were a combination of two or more races in the city.
- It was estimated that there were 8,123 households, with 32.5 percent having children under the age of 18, 47.0 percent being married couples living together, 13.1 percent having a female householder who did not have a husband present, and 35.3 percent being non-family homes.
- The average household size was 2.47 people, while the average family size was 3.05 persons.
- The average age was 35 years old.
- There were 93.1 men for every 100 females over the age of 18 in the population.
Males had a median income of $36,466 compared to females’ median income of $28,415.
Approximately 4.1 percent of households and 6.1 percent of the population lived below the poverty line, with 6.8 percent of those under the age of 18 and 5.7 percent of those 65 and over falling into this category.
PAUL was founded as West St.
Paul Township until February 1889, when the city of West St.
Paul, forming the state’s second largest city.
Paul in 1889, the city was reincorporated as a city on January 20, 1906, and in the 1960s, the city annexed additional territory from the township. Its post office first opened its doors in 1888. MinnesotaHistorical SocietyImage courtesy of the Minnesota Historical SocietyGovernment:
|South St. Paul City Hall125 3rd Avenue NorthSouth St. Paul,MN55075Phone: (651) 554-3200Fax: (651) 554-3201Regular Business Hours:Monday – Friday8:00 am – 4:30 pm City Council Meetings: 1st and 3rdMonday of the month at 7:00 pm|
|Mayor||12/31/2022||James Francis348 6th Avenue N South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)321-8348 (651) 451-0861|
|City Administrator||appointed||Joel Hanson125 3rd Avenue North South St. Paul,MN55075||(651) 554-3272|
|Council Member||12/31/2022||Sharon Dewey228 2nd Avenue S South St. Paul,MN55075||(763)645-9168|
|Council Member||12/31/2022||Joe Kaliszewksi256 6th Avenue S South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)451-3218|
|Council Member||12/31/2022||Tom Q. Seaberg700 Wentworth Avenue South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)376-9706 (651) 999-9784|
|Council Member||12/31/2024||Lori Hansen1121 6th Avenue S South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)450-6729|
|Council Member||12/31/2024||Pam Bakken337 Grand Avenue W South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)274-2409|
|Council Member||12/31/2024||Todd Podgorski651 15th Avenue N South St. Paul,MN55075||(651)330-0584|
|Utility Type||Utility Name||Utility Phone|
|Electricity||Xcel Energy||(800) 642-6066|
|Natural Gas||Xcel Energy||(800) 642-6066|
|Wastewater||Metropolitan Council Environmental Srvc||(651) 602-1005|
|Water||South St. Paul Water Dept||(651) 450-3209|
|Telephone||CenturyLink Communications||(800) 244-1111|
|Cable TV||Comcast||(800) 266-2278|
|Sportsman’s Guide||Mail-Order Houses||800|
|South St Paul School District6||ElementarySecondary Schools||450|
|Waterous Co||PumpPumping Equip. Mfg.||375|
|Dakota Premium Foods||Meat Processed from Carcasses||280|
|Stockyards Meat Packing Co.||MeatMeat Prod. Merch. Whole.||156|
|American Bottling||Soft Drink Mfg.||150|
|Twin City Bagels||Comm. Bakeries||150|
|Wipaire||Other Aircraft PartsAuxiliary Equip. Mfg.||140|
|Allstate Sales Corp||Truck, Utility Trailer,RV(Recreational Vehicle) RentalLeas||115|
|South Saint Paul, City of||ExecutiveLegislativeOffices, Combined||100|
|Cherokee Manufacturing||Flower, Nursery Stock,Florists’ Supplies Merch. Whole.||80|
|Digital Angel||Communications EquipmentManufacturing||80|
|20/20 Promotions||AdvertisingRelated Services||75|
|Mathias Die||Special DieTool, Die Set,Jig,Fixture Mfg.||70|
|Holtkoetter International||Electric Lighting EquipmentManufacturing||55|
News:Weather: Map of the Minnesota State Highway System in the South St. Paul, Minnesota region The following are examples of events, attractions, recreation, lakes, health-care facilities, schools, and churches: Media:Motels:
Zip Code 55075 Profile, Map and Demographics – Updated January 2022
It is located in the state of Minnesota, in the Minneapolis – Saint Paul metropolitan region, with the zip code 55075. Dakota County is the primary geographic location of zip code 55075. The official name for the ZIP code 55075 according to the United States Postal Service is SOUTH SAINT PAUL, Minnesota. Parts of zip code 55075 are located within or border the city boundaries of South St. Paul, MN, Inver Grove Heights, MN, West St. Paul, MN, Newport, MN, and St. Paul, MN. Other portions of zip code 55075 are included within or border the city limits of St.
The zip code 55075 is located in the area code 651 of the United States.
There are 2.5 percent of people out of work in the city of 55075 right now, which is lower than the current county unemployment rate of 3.4 percent, but it is higher than the current state unemployment rate of 2.5 percent and slightly lower than the currently reported national unemployment rate of 4.35 percent.
The predominant ethnicity of those who live in 55075 is White, and the majority ethnicity of those who attend 55075 public schools is White as well.
All Zip Codes in South Saint Paul MN
|ZIP Code||Type||County||Population||Area Code(s)|
|ZIP Code 55075||Standard||Dakota||20,152||651|
|ZIP Code 55076||Standard||Dakota||21,323||651|
|ZIP Code 55077||Standard||Dakota||12,572||651|
South Saint Paul, MN Demographic Information *
The city of SOUTH SAINT PAUL, MN does not have any Census statistics available. As a substitute, we have gathered information for the ZIP Code 55075.
|Median age (years)||36.9|
|Median age (Male)||35.3|
|Median age (Female)||38.3|
|Family households (families)||5,062|
|Average household size||2.44|
|Average family size||3.04|
|Total housing units||8,667|
* The 2010 Census provided the demographic information.
South Saint Paul, MN Other Information
- South Saint Paul, Minnesota is a city in DAKOTA County, Minnesota. It is also known as:
- THE CITIES OF SOUTH ST PAUL, MN
- THE CITIES OF SO SAINT PAUL, MN
- THE CITIES OF SOUTH ST PAUL, MN
- SOUTH ST PAUL, MN
86 Cities within 30 miles of South Saint Paul, MN
- The cities of Afton, MN
- Albertville, MN
- Andover, MN
- Anoka, MN
- Bay City, WI
- Bayport, MN
- Beldenville, WI
- Burnsville, MN
- Cannon Falls, MN
- Castle Rock, MN
- Champlin, MN
- Chanhassen, MN
- Chaska, MN
- Cottage Grove, MN
- Crystal Bay, MN
- Dayton, MN
- Dennison, MN
- Eden Prairie, M
- Database of ZIP Codes Get all of the United States’ ZIP Codes and their associated information in one convenient database
- ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database (ZIP+4 ZIP Code Database) With coverage for every address in the United States, you may receive the +4 information you want
- Postal Codes in Canada: A Database Get all of Canada’s postal codes, as well as their associated information, in one convenient database
- Database for the 2010 Census Get the 2010 Census data in an easy-to-use format for all summary levels by downloading the following files: National, state, county, city, and Congressional District are all examples of classifications. Database of Area Codes Get all of North America’s area codes and NXX info in one place.
Map – South St. Paul, Minnesota (South Saint Paul)
Informally known as the United States (U.S. or US), the United States of America (USA) is a country comprised of 50 states, a federal district, five main self-governing territories, and a number of overseas territories. 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km 2) in total size, the United States is either the third or fourth largest country in the world by total area, and it is just slightly smaller than the whole continent of Europe, which has 3.9 million square miles (9.8 million km 2) in total area (10.1 million km 2).
- The capital of the United States is Washington, D.C., while the most populous city is New York City.
- The state of Alaska is located in the northwest corner of North America, bordered to the east by Canada and to the west by Russia across the Bering Strait.
- The United States territories are dispersed throughout the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, spanning nine official time zones and spanning the globe.
- Paleo-Indians first arrived on the North American continent at least 12,000 years ago, when they crossed the Bering Strait from Siberia.
- The thirteen British colonies that were created along the East Coast formed the basis of the United States.
- As a result of the war’s conclusion in 1783, the United States became the first country to achieve independence from a European power.
- Throughout the nineteenth century, the United States proceeded on a dramatic expansion throughout North America, gaining new territory, displacing Native American tribes, and progressively admitting new states until it had completely encompassed the continent by 1848.
USATopographicalMap.3199x2107united states.jpg1502x19861181px-United States.1181x1185Landsat 18.gif2143x1437 United States at nig.6646×4430
Dakota County Services
The United States of America (USA), sometimes known as the United States (U.S. or US), or America, is a country that is made up of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and several overseas territories. It is the world’s third or fourth-largest country by total size, with a land area of 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km2), and it is slightly smaller than the whole continent of Europe, which has a land area of 3.9 million square miles (10.1 million km 2).
- Among the most populous cities in the country is New York City, which serves as the nation’s capital as well.
- Located in the northwest corner of North America, the state of Alaska is bordered on the east by Canada and on the west by Russia across the Bering Strait.
- It is estimated that the United States territories are dispersed among nine official time zones across the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
- A minimum of 12,000 years ago, Paleo-Indians crossed the Bering Strait from Siberia to the North American Continent.
- The thirteen British colonies created along the East Coast became the foundation of the United States.
- As a result of the war’s conclusion in 1783, the United States became the first country in history to achieve independence from a European power.
- Throughout the nineteenth century, the United States proceeded on a furious expansion throughout North America, gaining new territory, displacing Native American tribes, and progressively admitting new states until it had stretched over the whole continent by 1848.
Regarding Your Home
Informally known as the United States (U.S. or US), the United States of America (USA) is a country comprised of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions. 3.8 million square miles (9.8 million km 2) in total area, the United States is either the third or fourth largest country in the world by total area, and it is only slightly smaller than the entire continent of Europe, which has 3.9 million square miles (9.8 million km 2). (10.1 million km 2).
- The nation’s capital is Washington, D.C., and the most populous city is New York City.
- Alaska is located in the northwest corner of North America, bordered to the east by Canada and to the west by Russia across the Bering Strait.
- The United States territories are dispersed throughout the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, spanning nine official time zones.
- Paleo-Indians first arrived on the North American continent at least 12,000 years ago, when they crossed the Bering Land Bridge from Siberia.
- The thirteen British colonies established along the East Coast formed the basis of the United States.
- The war came to a close in 1783, with the United States becoming the first country to gain independence from a European power since the American Revolution.
- Throughout the nineteenth century, the United States embarked on a vigorous expansion across North America, acquiring new territories, displacing Native American tribes, and gradually admitting new states until it had completely encircled the continent by 1848.
USATopographicalMap.3199x2107united states.jpg1502x19861181px-United States.1181x1185Landsat 18.gif2143x1437 United States at nig.6646×4430
Other Dakota County Services
District Courts are located throughout the United States. Child Support is a type of financial assistance. Assistance to the Public Assistance with the Job Search Certificates of Birth Certificates of Death Marriage Licenses are a legal document that allows a couple to marry. Certifications
Property RecordsRevenuePlato Building/First Floor90 Plato Boulevard W.Saint Paul, MN 55107651-266-2180Property RecordsRevenuePlato Building/First Floor90 Plato Boulevard W.Saint Paul, MN 55107651-266-2180 Additional sites where you may acquire a passport include: Dakota County Passports are available. Passports are available through Ramsey County. Passports for the County of Washington
South Saint Paul map with satellite view
You may use this interactive map to find anything from restaurants to hotels to tourist attractions in South Saint Paul, if you are planning a trip there. In its most basic form, the street map of South Saint Paul provides you with a detailed outline of the city’s most important landmarks and attractions. The satellite view will assist you in navigating your way through unfamiliar territory by providing you with a more exact depiction of the region.
Free printable PDF Map of South Saint Paul, Dakota county
Download the South Saint Paul, MN map in PDF format so that you can readily view it while traveling without the need for a computer or a connection to the Internet.
For example, if you are looking for directions to South Saint Paul, MN rather than an online map with a list of all of the locations that you are interested in visiting, you have the option of locating and storing the instructions for future reference.
Helpful Information for tourists
If you simply want restaurants, for example, you may narrow down your search even more and end up with a list of exactly what you are looking for. You can also use our search box to look for any other locations that you might be interested in visiting.
- What to do in South Saint Paul
- Recommended accommodations
- Recommended restaurants
- Recommended attractions
Shopping in South Saint Paul
Get your hands on some brand-new merchandise that you won’t be able to get back home! There are some of the greatest malls in town that have one of the largest options, as well as lovely markets that sell a range of high-quality local items. The following shopping centers are located in South Saint Paul: Apache Plaza Shopping Center, Arden Plaza Shopping Center, Bellair Plaza Shopping Center, Birch Lake Square Shopping Center, Birch Run Station Shopping Center, Brandon Square Shopping Center, Brookdale Square Shopping Center, Brookview Plaza Shopping Center, Burnside Plaza Shopping Center, Burnsville Crossings Shopping Center.
Cultural Institutions of South Saint Paul
Enjoy some live entertainment provided to you by the wonderful residents of South Saint Paul, Minnesota. Everything from ballet to theatre may be found here. Theatres include the O’Shaughnessy Auditorium.
Educational Institutions in South Saint Paul
Take a look at the educational institutions in South Saint Paul, such as their schools, colleges, and universities, to get a sense of their architecture. Some places even provide tours so that you can gain a better understanding of what they have to offer. Aside from that, South Saint Paul is home to several libraries that are both physically and functionally elaborate. These libraries not only house large collections of books, but they also serve as excellent study locations. Universities in South Saint Paul include: Augsburg University is a private research university in Augsburg, Germany.
Public libraries include: Hudson Public Library, Hosmer Public Library, Pleasant Hill Public Library, Arden Hills Library, Stillwater Public Library, Centennial Library, Roseville Library, Saint Anthony Park Library, Saint Paul Public Library, Valley Branch Library, and Valley Branch Library.
Stadiums and Sports Activities in South Saint Paul
Spectators may have a pleasant evening out at the stadium while watching South Saint Paul’s home team compete. There will be wonderful food and plenty of emotions. If, on the other hand, you are looking for something a little more energetic, there are a variety of parks, sporting fields, and golf courses that you may explore. Stadiums in South Saint Paul include: HUBER H. HUMBLEY, JR. The Metrodome and Midway Stadium are two of the most famous stadiums in the world. Edor Nelson Athletic Field is one of the athletic fields in the area.
Recreational opportunities include the Kinnickinnic River Gorge and Delta State Natural Area, Kinnickinnic State Park, Lakefront Park, Burton Field, Birkmose Park, Fourth Street Park, Mercord Mill Park, Wakefield Park, Washburn Fair Oaks, and Waveland Park.
South Saint Paul’s airports
Airports having IDs such as IATA, which stands for the International Air Transport Association, and ICAO, which is for the International Civil Aviation Organization, are easy to find. In addition, you will be able to see the locations of the nearest airports, if any are available. A list of airports includes Hall Airport, Bald Eagle Seaplane Base, Benson Airport, Crystal Lake Seaplane Base, Doyles Landing Strip, St Croix Riviera Airport, Sandy Flats Airport, Willow Ridge Airport, Winners Landing Seaplane Base, Wipline Airport, and Winners Landing Air Force Base.
All intellectual property rights are retained.
Living in South St. Paul
- Public Schools receive a score of B-minus
- Families receive a grade of B+
- Outdoor Activities receive a grade of A-minus
South St. Paul is a neighborhood in the city of St. Paul, Minnesota, with a population of 20,194. Dakota County includes the city of South St. Paul. Living in South St. Paul provides inhabitants with a thick suburban atmosphere, and the majority of residents are homeowners. There are several parks in the South St. Paul area. South St. Paul is home to a large number of families and young professionals, and the majority of people are conservative. The public schools in South St. Paul are above average in terms of academic achievement.
Mortgage Options for South St. Paul Sponsored by a Bank Rates can be obtained.
- Find a loan that is suitable for your needs. Compare the best mortgage and refinancing options available today. Financial assistance in a short period of time, unparalleled service, and no hidden expenses
Identify the type of loan that best suits your needs. Compare the best mortgage and refinance companies available today; and There are no hidden fees or charges, and funding is available quickly.
South St. Paul Rankings
Key information from the United States Census Bureau and expert views are used to rate hundreds of places to live on Niche.
CrimeSafetygradeC+ Based on the rates of violent and property crime.
- Among the crimes committed in the United States are burglary (352.4 national500.1), theft (1,762 national2,042.8), and motor vehicle theft (273 national284).
A negative sign indicates a lack of diversity. Based on the ethnic and economic variety of the population.
- Difficulty in Diverse Situations As a result of differences in ethnic and economic backgrounds
- A master’s degree or above is required. 7 percent of the population nationwide 12% of the population
- Bachelor’s degree is the highest level of education. 21 percent of the population at large a percentage of 20%
- Some people have a college or associate’s degree. 36 percent of the population at large 29 percent of the population
- A high school diploma or an equivalent qualification 29 percent of the population at large 27 percent of the population
- Higher education equivalent to a high school diploma or less 8 percent of the population nationwide 12% of the population
Working in South St. Paul
JobsgradeB+ Employability rates, job and business development, and the cost of living are all taken into consideration.
Places like South St. Paul are examples of this.
- It is a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- It has a rating of 3.78 out of 5160 ratings
- An affluent suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota
- 3.97 out of 577 reviews
- An affluent suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota
- 3.97 out of 577 customer evaluations
South St. Paul Reviews
Rating: 3.58 out of 540 based on 540 reviews Selecting a category from the list below will take you to a different page. All of the categories Living here for my entire life has been a beautiful experience. I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. I myself reside a little further out from what I perceive to be the main portion of town, which means that my neighborhood is really peaceful and safe. Going into town, on the other hand, is a fantastic experience in and of itself. However, while there are a few basic companies (for example, Dairy Queen), there are many tiny SSP enterprises that the community values and cherishes as well.
- For the final point I’d like to point out that there are multiple parks to stroll through and several activities to attend if you want to become more involved with the community.
- Begin by completing your review of St.
- Saint Paul’s south side is a blend of city and suburb; there is enough here so you don’t have to travel far for necessities, but it isn’t quite as crowded as the city’s other neighborhoods, such as Saint Paul and West Saint Paul.
- I hear herd sirens on the side of the road where I live about twice a month, and police officers patrol the area frequently, which makes me feel a bit more protected.
- My driveway parking has been closed off by construction, and I have nowhere to park.
U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts: South St. Paul city, Minnesota
To get to another page, select a category from the list below. The Entire Catalogue Living here for my entire life has been a fantastic experience! I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. Because I myself reside a little further out from what I believe to be the main portion of town, my neighborhood is really calm and safe. Going into town, on the other hand, is a wonderful experience in and of itself. While there are some of the more basic companies (for example, Dairy Queen), there are many tiny SSP businesses that the community values and appreciates as well.
- For the final point I’d like to point out that there are multiple parks to stroll through and several activities to attend if you want to become more active in the community.
- Begin by examining the a neighborhood in south St.
- Saint Paul’s south side is a blend of city and suburb; there is enough here so you don’t have to travel far for necessities, but it isn’t quite as crowded as the city’s other neighborhoods, such as saint Paul and west saint paul.
- I hear herd sirens on the side of the road where I live approximately twice a month, and police officers patrol the area frequently, which gives me a sense of security.
This area has far too many automobile accidents; I’ve been in three car accidents in the last two years. My driveway parking has been shut off due to construction, and I have nowhere else to go.
By selecting a category from the list below, you will be sent to a different page. All of the categories are listed below. I’ve been a resident of this city my entire life, and the entire experience has been fantastic! I myself reside a little further out from what I perceive to be the main portion of town, which means my neighborhood is quite peaceful and safe. Going into town, on the other hand, is a wonderful experience in and of itself. While there are some basic companies (for example, Dairy Queen), there are many little SSP enterprises that the community cherishes.
- Finally, I’d like to point out that there are various parks to stroll through and a plethora of activities to attend if you want to become more active in the community.
- Begin your examination of South St.
- South Saint Paul is a blend of a city and a suburb; there is enough here so you don’t have to travel far for necessities, but it is not quite as crowded as Saint Paul or West Saint Paul, which are both nearby.
- My neighborhood has herd sirens that sound maybe twice a month on the side where I live and officers patrol frequently, which makes me feel a little more protected.
- My driveway parking has been closed off due to construction, and I have nowhere to park.
- As a result, Hispanics can be of any race and are included in all applicable race categories. As a result, Hispanics can be of any race and are included in all applicable race categories. As a result, Hispanics can be of any race and are included in all applicable race categories.
Value Flags are a type of flag that indicates a value.
- Flags that represent a value
Among the resources used to compile QuickFacts data are: population estimates from the American Community Survey; census of population and housing data from the Census of Population and Housing; current population data from the Current Population Survey; small area health insurance estimates; small area income and poverty estimates; state and county housing unit estimates; county business patterns; nonemployer statistics; economic census; survey of business owners; and building permits.