- 1 Fashion brand names that you are probably mispronouncing
- 2 History of a legendary brand: Saint Laurent
- 3 How to pronounce Yves Saint Laurent
- 4 Saint Laurent: the origins
- 5 Saint Laurent’s revolutionary looks
- 6 Who Is Yves Saint Laurent? How to Pronounce His Name
- 7 How to pronounce Yves Saint Laurent?
- 8 How did Yves Saint Laurent die?
- 9 Celebrities Wearing Saint Laurent Bags, Jackets, and Shoes
- 10 How Breitling Ambassador Charlize Theron Pairs Long White Satin Dress With Black Saint Laurent Niki Ankle Boots
- 11 Serendipity Investor Selena Gomez Launches $30 Selena Sundae Ice Cream in Self-Portrait Orange Midi Dress
- 12 How Karlie Kloss Pairs Lavender The Frankie Shop Shirt and Shorts Set With Saint Laurent Tribute Flats
- 13 How Platform Shoes Became Popular and Stay in Style
- 14 How To Comfortably Wear Ankle-Strap Heels and Look Great
- 15 Alessandra Ambrosio Joins Richard Lee in Saint Laurent Espadrilles AfterquarentALEchella Birthday Party
- 16 Alessandra Ambrosio Goes Hiking With Mystery Man in Good American Sweats and Allbirds Tree Dashers Shoes
- 17 Which 5 European Brands Are Most Similar To Valentino?
- 18 Improve Your English Pronunciation
Fashion brand names that you are probably mispronouncing
Getting the brand name wrong is likely to result in you making a fashion faux pas with your clothing before you ever realize you’ve done it. If you believe yourself to be a fashion-conscious young lady, you should be familiar with the proper pronunciation of popular fashion labels. The French and Spanish words that we read out loud phonetically have made us all guilty of mispronouncing the names at some point in our lives. But now is the time to put things right and learn the proper method to phrase them so that you don’t have any embarrassing oops-moments in front of your fashionable peers.
Despite the fact that there is a ‘v’ in the word, it is silent in ancient Latin and is really pronounced as ‘u’.
YSL YSL is an abbreviation for Yves Saint Laurent, and knowing what it stands for puts you one step ahead of the competition.
Aseve-san-lou-ron is the correct pronunciation.
- You may have heard several different versions of it, making it even more difficult to determine which is the correct one.
- Givenchy Believe us when we say that this appears to be simple to read, but the pronunciation is much different.
- It should be pronounced iszhee-von-she, not she-von-she.
- In addition to being one of the most widely known trademarks in the world, it is also one of the most mispronounced.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos.
History of a legendary brand: Saint Laurent
What was Yves Saint Laurent’s most famous style, how did you pronounce his name, and who was Yves Saint Laurent? A fashion designer known for his stylish androgynous designs, Yves Saint Laurent was one of the most important figures in the twentieth century fashion industry. He had a profound impact on the fashion business, empowering women and popularizing ready-to-wear apparel.
How to pronounce Yves Saint Laurent
Worried about whether or not you’re pronouncing the designer and brand’s names correctly? Yves Saint Laurent’s name is pronounced EVE SAN-LAW-ROHN (pronounced EVE SAN-LAW-ROHN). When reading the names Saint and Laurent, the letter “t” is not present. As part of the rebranding initiative led by creative director Hedi Slimane, Yves Saint Laurent’s namesake label was renamed Saint Laurent Paris in 2012. The classic YSL acronym, on the other hand, continues to appear on handbags, leather accessories, and the label’s cosmetics collection.
It wasn’t until recently that the name Yves Saint Laurent was used exclusively for the couture collection. It is pronounced “San-LAW-ROHN” when referring to Saint Laurent Paris. PAH-REE is pronounced PAH-REE (we like to pronounce Paris the French way).
Saint Laurent: the origins
The tale of Saint Laurent’s revolves on a youthful prodigy. Yves Henri Donat Mathieu Saint Laurent, better known by his stage name Yves Saint Laurent, was born in 1936 in Oran, Algeria, to a French father and an Algerian mother. The timid, introverted youngster had a deep passion for fashion and an undeniable talent: he spent his childhood making outfits for his sisters using paper dolls as models, and he dreamt of one day founding a fashion store in Paris, which he did. Saint Laurent did indeed go to Paris when he was seventeen years old, after winning the International Wool Secretariat competition (now known as the Woolmark Prize) in the dress category.
Once in Paris, Saint Laurent studied at the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture, where his designs were recognized by none other than Christian Dior, who hired him as an intern and subsequently promoted him to the position of chief designer of the company following Dior’s untimely death in 1957.
With his business partner, Pierre Bergé, he founded his own namesake label in 1962.
Saint Laurent’s revolutionary looks
Saint Laurent’s designs were bold, inventive, and subversive, blurring the barriers between masculine and femininity. According to an interview with The Observer in 1977, he desired for women to “have the same basic wardrobe as a male,” and he was a firm believer that practicality and style could go hand in hand. What is his objective? To empower women while also recognizing their sexual freedom and individuality is our mission. “Chanel liberated women, and I helped them to become powerful.” –Yves Saint Laurent, a fashion designer Here is a look at some of Yves Saint Laurent’s most recognizable designs.
- The basic shift dress, which was revitalized in the 1960s with the emergence of second-wave feminism, provided the designer with an ideal canvas on which to experiment with intersecting black lines and vibrant primary colors.
- The Mondrian shift was so popular that low-cost replicas of his work began to emerge all over the place.
- Oh my God, what a horror!
- This tightly fitted suit, which is perhaps Saint Laurent’s most recognizable item, preserved the norms of the classic men’s tuxedo while simultaneously emphasizing the feminine shape.
- The safari jacket is comprised of the following elements: Inspiration for this design came from the uniforms worn by Western men in Africa, which Saint Laurent adapted into a fashionable essential for ladies.
- The safari jacket soon established itself as one of Saint Laurent’s defining items, and it is still included in the brand’s current collections.
Save up to 40% off retail prices when you shop at Saint Laurenton italist. A vast collection of Yves Saint Laurent apparel, shoes, and handbags are available for ladies and men at our store.
Who Is Yves Saint Laurent? How to Pronounce His Name
You may sign up for our newsletter to be the first to know about new products and special offers from Your Next Shoes. It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. For additional information, please refer to ourdisclosure. Check out these celebs that are dressed in designer apparel and shoes by Saint Laurent Paris, a premium fashion business founded in 1961 by Yves Saint Laurent and his partner, Pierre Bergé. Scroll down to view more. As part of his rebranding of Yves Saint Laurent, Hedi Slimane altered the name of the brand from Yves Saint Laurent to Saint Laurent Paris in June 2012.
Anthony Vaccarello took over as design director of Saint Laurent Paris from Hedi Slimane in April of this year.
How to pronounce Yves Saint Laurent?
His given name is Eve san law-ron, which is the right way to pronounce it. The ‘T’ in Saint Laurent and Saint Laurent is scarcely heard at all. Also, avoid pronouncing any “n” with too much force. If you’re searching for a quick and simple solution, simply say YSL.
How did Yves Saint Laurent die?
Yves Henri Donat Mathieu-Saint-Laurent, better known by his stage name Yves Saint-Laurent, passed away on June 1, 2008, at his home in Paris, after a battle with brain cancer. He was just 71 years old when he died, and he was given a Catholic burial at Église Saint-Roch in Paris, where he was buried.
Celebrities Wearing Saint Laurent Bags, Jackets, and Shoes
In celebration of the new year, Miley Cyrus and Pete Davidson are spending it together! The two are scheduled to anchor NBC’s year-end awards show.
How Breitling Ambassador Charlize Theron Pairs Long White Satin Dress With Black Saint Laurent Niki Ankle Boots
Charlize Theron is one of the three faces of Breitling’s new Chronomat line, which debuted in September. Last year, the Swiss luxury wristwatch debuted its new collection, which includes.
Serendipity Investor Selena Gomez Launches $30 Selena Sundae Ice Cream in Self-Portrait Orange Midi Dress
She has evolved from a lovely Disney adolescent star to a bold worldwide fashion icon in a short period of time. Selena Gomez never ceases to wow with her.
How Karlie Kloss Pairs Lavender The Frankie Shop Shirt and Shorts Set With Saint Laurent Tribute Flats
The week before last, she celebrated her 29th birthday. The following day, Karlie Kloss walked out of her Soho flat looking absolutely stunning.
How Platform Shoes Became Popular and Stay in Style
Do you find it difficult to walk in heels? Are you interested in gaining a few extra inches of height without sacrificing your.
How To Comfortably Wear Ankle-Strap Heels and Look Great
In recent years, ankle-strap heels have become one of the most fashionable shoe designs, although they are not for everyone. These shoes, by their very nature.
Alessandra Ambrosio Joins Richard Lee in Saint Laurent Espadrilles AfterquarentALEchella Birthday Party
She celebrated her 40th birthday last week with a Coachella-themed party named thequarentALEchella, which was hosted by her friends. As if to celebrate in classic model form,
Alessandra Ambrosio Goes Hiking With Mystery Man in Good American Sweats and Allbirds Tree Dashers Shoes
She took a flight to Brazil to celebrate the holidays with her family just a few days before the holiday season began. And then, after disappearing from the radar.
Which 5 European Brands Are Most Similar To Valentino?
The day before Christmas, she boarded a flight to Brazil to celebrate the holidays with her family. In the meanwhile, after disappearing from the public consciousness.
Improve Your English Pronunciation
- She took a flight to Brazil to celebrate the holidays with her family just a few days before the holiday season. And after disappearing off the radar.
To further improve your English pronunciation, we suggest you do the following:
- Practice reducing the number of words and sentences you use: in some countries, reducing the number of words and sentences you use is considered informal, but in the United States, it is completely normal and considered part of everyday conversation (for example, what are you going to do this weekend versus what are you going to do this weekend). More examples may be found at going toandwant to.com. Make an effort to improve your intonation: emphasis, rhythm, and intonation patterns are difficult to grasp in English, but they are necessary for people to comprehend what you are saying. It is the vehicle through which the mood, attitude, and emotion are expressed. Investigate YouTube, which contains innumerable videos on this subject
- Subscribe to one or more of the following English language instruction channels on YouTube: It is completely free, and it covers the most important aspects of the English language. Take a look at Rachel’s English and English. In collaboration with Jennifer to mention a few examples