- 1 Port St Lucie, Florida: Large Master Planned City
- 2 PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA HISTORY
- 3 PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA TODAY
- 4 THE WATERWAYS OF PORT ST. LUCIE FLORIDA
- 5 PORT ST. LUCIE COMMUNITY OF ST. LUCIE WEST
- 6 PORT ST. LUCIE COMMUNITY OF TRADITION
- 7 FAVORITE SCENIC DRIVE NEAR PORT ST. LUCIE
- 8 PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA INTERACTIVE GOOGLE MAP
- 9 Port St. Lucie – Wikitravel
- 10 Get in
- 11 Get around
- 12 See
- 13 Do
- 14 Sleep
- 15 Stay safe
- 16 Get out
- 17 Moving To Port St Lucie, FL – 10 Reasons Why You Should!
- 18 Port St Lucie, FL – The City For All Ages
- 19 About Port St Lucie
- 20 Key Stats:
- 21 1. The Weather!
- 22 2. No State Income Tax
- 23 3. Baseball! – New York Mets Spring Training
- 24 4. Port St Lucie is Very Affordable
- 25 5. Excellent local colleges, universities and public schools
- 26 6. Parks And Recreation
- 27 7. Port St Lucie is close to the beach
- 28 8. The St Lucie River – Excellent Fishing and Boating
- 29 9. Its a Golfers Paradise Here
- 30 10. Port St Lucie is Close To Everything
- 31 Conclusion
- 32 Best Places to Live in Port St. Lucie, Florida
- 33 About St. Lucie County
- 34 Port St. Lucie, FL Real Estate – Port St. Lucie Homes for Sale
- 35 Port St. Lucie, Florida: 10 things you might not know about Florida’s eighth biggest city
- 36 Mounds of history
- 37 OK. Who forgot to spellcheck?
- 38 She sells seashells. on U.S. 1
- 39 What’s in a name?
- 40 Why ‘Port’ when there’s no port?
- 41 A city. without residents?
- 42 Stop, collaborate and listen!
- 43 Port St. Lucie has peacocks of its own
- 44 There’s a first time for everything
- 45 Bond. James Bond.
Port St Lucie, Florida: Large Master Planned City
Port St. Lucie is a city in Florida. is located in the Central East region of Florida. It will have a population of 215,922 people in 2021. This places it as the seventh most populous city in Florida. Approximately one hour north of West Palm Beach, it is accessible by automobile. The city is located inside the Port St. Lucie metropolitan region, which has a population of 533,000 people. This region include both St. Lucie County and Martin County, which are located along Florida’s Treasure Coast, as well as the cities of Stuart and Fort Pierce.
Lucie is a city in Florida.
The oldest section of the town is located on the west side of US Highway 1 in the neighborhood of River Park, which dates back to the early 1900s.
Lucie’s establishment, that roadway was the busiest north-south route in the state of Florida.
In Port St.
PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA HISTORY
As a native Floridian, I have fond recollections of the rural road that ran between Fort Pierce and Stuart, which was designated as US-1. When I was growing up in the 1960s, I don’t recall seeing a single traffic signal along the route. Along the 18-mile length of roadway, there were a few fruit and food booths, as well as a shell store selling souvenirs. The enormous shell in front of the store served as a beacon in the neighborhood. Ranches and woods undeveloped areas made up the majority of the rural environs.
THEN RIVER PARK CAME TO PORT ST. LUCIE
Gardener Cowles was the owner and publisher of Look from 1937 until 1971, which was a popular American magazine at that time period. Jack Benny and Rochester are featured on the cover of Look magazine in 1950. Cowles and his investors purchased vast tracts of land between Fort Pierce and Stuart in the early 1950s, and in 1953 they filed a plan for a new development known as River Park in the area. He and his team launched a nationwide advertising campaign that was both effective and cost-effective.
- His target audience consisted of people who were nearing the end of their working lives.
- The structure was completed in 1959.
- When it came to getting food and other necessities, they had to go either north to the nearest shopping complex in Fort Pierce or south to Stuart.
- Lucie, despite the fact that they never resided in the city, were the genuine forefathers.
PORT ST. LUCIE GENERAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
When the Cowles group bought 5,500 acres from the General Development Corporation (GDC) in 1958, the GDC was formed. This acquisition marked the birth of the present region of Port St. Lucie, Florida, which is still in use today. The whole River Park community was included in the land purchase. GDC continued to buy property, and at the end of the project, it possessed 36,500 acres. They began purchasing additional land in the surrounding region in order to build what would eventually become one of the largest planned communities in Florida history.
Lucie for their new development, but they were unable to reach an agreement with the inhabitants and lot owners of River Park.
Lucie was established without include River Park in the boundaries of the city.
Lucie, but is really located in the unincorporated county of St.
Lucie. Primm Vista Boulevard, which connects the city of Port St. Lucie with US-1, is one of the primary entrance highways into the city. It really flows for quite a ways through River Park before reaching the city borders of Port St. Lucie, so be prepared to wait a while.
DESCRIPTION OF PORT ST. LUCIE IN 1960 GDC ANNUAL REPORT
“Port St. Lucie is a city in Florida’s east coast that spans 36,500 acres between the cities of Fort Pierce and Stuart. It stretches from the Indian River on the east to four miles beyond the Sunshine State Parkway on the west, and it is bordered by the Indian River on the east. The parcel also contains about seven miles of frontage on U.S. Highway 1, the biggest traffic corridor on Florida’s east coast, in addition to its 14 miles of Turnpike frontage. There are about 15 miles of natural shoreline along the flowing St.
- General Development began developing Port St.
- Following that, more than 30,000 acres of nearby land were acquired, and the entire region was plotted out.
- It was a natural choice for General Development Corporation to develop Port St.
- Lucie area, with its winding rivers and diverse tropical plants and bushes.
- Lucie Country Club, which was one of the company’s first large projects.
- A large portion of the nearby region around the club was built into 1,285 residences that were sold to investors who could use the homes for holidays while also putting them into a rental pool when they weren’t using them.
- The club included a golf course that attracted some of the best players of the day, including Sam Snead.
- Following a name change to Sandpiper Bay Resort, the country club became part of Club Medin in 1986, when it was purchased by the company.
PORT ST. LUCIE BECOMES WINTER HOME OF NEW YORK METS
Since 1988, the Port St. Lucie, Florida, area has served as the spring training home of the New York Mets major level baseball franchise. They train and play games at a stadium with a capacity of 7,160 spectators. It’s difficult to keep up with the name changes at this stadium, as it is with most stadiums these days. The stadium was formerly known as Thomas J. White Stadium. Clover Park is located in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Once upon a time, it was called Digital Domain Park. As a result of various sponsorship options, the name has been altered multiple times since then.
The name of the park was changed to Digital Domain Park in 2010.
The name of the field was changed to First Data Field in 2017. The name of the park was changed to Clover Park in 2020. Clover Park, I assume, is still the name of the park as I write this in 2021. Keep an eye out for additional developments.
PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA TODAY
Port St. Lucie, Florida has a land size of 117 square miles, making it the third largest city in the state in terms of land area. When the city was first laid out and constructed, it contained 80,000 parcels of land. Many of the lots were initially purchased for $995 with a down payment of $10 and a monthly payment of $10. The value of some of these vacant properties is expected to reach more than $100,000 by 2021, according to listings on the real estate website Realtor.com.
THE WATERWAYS OF PORT ST. LUCIE FLORIDA
The north fork of the St. Lucie River flows through the heart of Port St. Lucie, paralleling the courses of US-1 and the Florida Turnpike as it makes its way northward. Along the swampy sides of the river, there are a number of residential areas. Canal C-24, a large east-west canal that is part of the drainage operations of the South Florida Water Management District, is a major east-west waterway. On both sides of the canal, there are several residences, some of which have boat docks. The canal empties into the St.
- Located immediately west of the Florida Turnpiket, a dam and flood gate construction that regulates flows from the Florida Everglades into the river, is the beginning of the canal segment that provides access to river navigation and navigation into the river.
- Lucie’s administration building There is a broad range of age and price ranges among the properties for sale in Port St.
- A large number of the original residences were constructed in the late 1950s.
- According to Realtor.com, the median home cost in 2021 will be $360,000, based on active real estate listings.
- Lucie will build a new home in 2021.
- Port St.
PORT ST. LUCIE COMMUNITY OF ST. LUCIE WEST
Located in the western portion of Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West is a development that began in the early 1990s and is bordered by the Florida Turnpike and Interstate 95. The original design intended for the construction of 14,000 residences over a 20-year period, but the plans were later amended to allow for the expansion of shopping, commercial, office, and entertainment districts. TheClover Parkstadium is located in St. Lucie West and seats 5,000 people.
PORT ST. LUCIE COMMUNITY OF TRADITION
Traditionis a master planned community that first opened its doors in 2003 and was created to evoke the ambiance of a small town in Florida in the 1950s, according to the developer. The Sunset View from the Tradition Tower Tradition’s Facebook Page (This 8,300-acre “new town” is one of numerous New Urbanism settlements that have sprung up around the country. The city is widely regarded as one of the most desirable places to live and work in the region by many.
- Lucie, Florida, according to Florida Trend Magazine The separate communities are centered around a town center and enjoy 300 acres of parks and a multitude of hiking and cycling routes.
- Tradition Town HallTradition Facebook Page The town of Tradition is home to two main retail and eating establishments.
- The Tradition Center for Commerceis a new development that is now under construction in the heart of Port St.
- Ten million square feet of commercial, industrial, warehouse, multifamily residential, and retail space will be housed inside the complex’s boundaries.
- Lucie and the County of St.
- The Savannas Recreation Area, which offers camping, picnicking, fishing, and boating opportunities, is one of the most beautiful county parks in the area.
The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is another excellent natural site in the area. The majority of the vegetation in this relatively new addition to the city is indigenous. These parks are ideal for seeing the pristine beauty of Florida’s natural environment.
FAVORITE SCENIC DRIVE NEAR PORT ST. LUCIE
County Road 707, which runs along the Indian River east of Port St. Lucie, is a particularly picturesque section of road. Located between Fort Pierce and Stuart, this old paved road gets you away from the hectic Port St. Lucie traffic. It is a wonderful spot to view how Florida used to be in its earlier days. More information about the Indian River Scenic Drive may be found here. It is one of a number of short scenic drives that may be found on our website.
PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA INTERACTIVE GOOGLE MAP
Over 117,287 people like our Facebook page and share their enthusiasm for Florida’s “off the beaten path” destinations such as small towns and tourist sites; maps; hotels; cuisine; festivals; beautiful road trips; day excursions; history; culture; nostalgia; and other things to do. Every day, we publish new content. Please have a look at it and, if you like it, we would appreciate it if you could give us a “like.” SUBSCRIBE TO OUR COMPLIMENTARY EZINE Backroads Travel, a California-based tour operator that plans and executes travel programs across the world, is not related with or supported by Florida Back Roads Travel.
Port St. Lucie – Wikitravel
|Port St. Lucieis a sprawling tropical city in southernFlorida,United States. The population is around 171,016 and 438,095 in its metropolitan area. It is known by its residents by its intials, PSL. The spring training home of the New York Mets, this city has many fun activities if you know where to look.|
- Located at 1000 Turnage Boulevard in West Palm Beach, Florida, Palm Beach International Airport (IATA:PBI) may be reached at (561) 471-7420. This is the closest commercial airport to Port St. Lucie
- St. Lucie County International Airport- This is the closest airport to Port St. Lucie with commercial service
- And Fort Pierce International Airport- This is the closest airport to Port St. Lucie without commercial service. It is located in the adjacent town of Fort Pierce. Because there is no commercial service at the airport, you must bring your own plane.
From West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and other areas in South Florida, PSL is readily accessible by road because to the interstates 95 and 98 and the Florida Turnpike.
Amenities Restaurants, fast food, gas stations, motels, drug stores, Walmart, a baseball stadium, and coffee shops are all within walking distance. The majority of alternatives are located east of Interstate 95. Bathrooms are available in the majority of establishments and all eateries.
120 Crosstown PKWY
Amenities There aren’t any near the exit. Some of them are positioned to the east of the exit ramp.
128 Gatlin BLVD/Tradition PKWY
Amenities Located on the east side of the highway are gas stations, snack shops and pharmacies as well as Walmart Supercenters, Sam’s Club, Home Depot, and Bass Pro Shop. Fast food, motels, department stores, pet supplies, restaurants, and grocery stores may be found in the West.
The construction of the new Plaza is complete. Like to gather information at plazas.
Port St. Lucie
It has been completed. To get information, I like to use plazas.
Sunpass is the only way out. Gas, a convenience shop, and a grocery store are all close by.
The most convenient, if not the only, mode of transportation in Port St. Lucie is via car. Because there is very no public transit and PSL is extremely stretched, driving is the only viable way for getting anywhere.
While Port Saint Lucie does not have extensive bus service, it does provide links to Fort Pierce and Jensen Beach through the Treasure Coast Connector.
It is possible to travel sections of Port St. Lucie using a tiny canal system, with the river serving as the central canal, because to the city’s location on the water.
- 772.337.1959 The sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean
- The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens” (),. The weekdays between Wednesday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday Sunday 12 noon to 4 p.m. Closed MondayTuesday. Edit: Adults $5, students $2. edit:
- Walton Rocks Beach & Dog Park is located at 6700 South Ocean Drive in Jensen Beach, Florida 34957 and can be reached at 772-462-1692. Google Mapedit is a program that allows you to edit maps on Google Maps.
- Carmike Port St. Lucie 14 “1900,” “1900,” “1900,” “1900, ” (772),. A number of hotels and restaurants in St Lucie West are within walking distance of the property. edit
- Food Truck Invasion, SW Tradition Square, Port St Lucie, FL 34987, 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Thursday, April 25th. The Port St. Lucie Green Market, 9221 S.E. Civic Center Place, Port St. Lucie, FL, hosts the Food Truck Invasion every first and third Friday of the month from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Tradition Green Market is located at 10824 SW Village Pkwy in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, USA. Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. edit
- Oak Hammock Park is located at 1982 SW Villanova Road in Port St Lucie and can be reached at 772-344-4389. Google Maps
- River Park Marina500 E. Prima Vista Blvd. Port St. Lucie Phone: 772-462-1522
- River Park Marina500 E. Prima Vista Blvd. Port St. Lucie Veterans Park at Rivergate is located at 2200 SE Veterans Memorial Parkway in Port St. Lucie and may be reached at 772-335-1433. Maps provided by Google
- River Park Marina is located at 500 E. Prima Vista Blvd. in Port St. Lucie, Florida 34983 and can be reached at 772-462-1522. Google Maps is a mapping application (27.3233007, -80.3324442,17) 201 N.W. Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie, FL 34983, (772) 871-5096, 8 a.m.-10 p.m
- Sportsman’s Park West,220 N.W. Irving St, Port St. Lucie, FL 34983,(772) 871-5096
- Sportsman’s Park East,201 N.W. Prima Vista Blvd., Port St Lucie, FL 34983, 8 a.m.-10 p.m The following parks are located in Port St. Lucie, Florida: Lyngate Park (1301 S.E. Lyngate Drive), Sandhill Crane Park (2355 S.E. Secluded Park Drive), Whispering Pines Park (800 SW Darwin Blvd), Jessica Clinton Park (31200), and Whispering Pines Park (800 SW Darwin Blvd), Jessica Clinton Park (31200),.edit
- Jessica Clinton Park (31200), and Jessica Clinton Park (31200),
- Call (772) 408-5800 to reach Superplay USA at 1600 NW Courtyard Cir in Port St Lucie, Florida (),. Additionally, laser tag, mini-golf, and batting cages are availableedit
- Club Med Sandpiper, Fairwinds Golf Course, Indian Hills Golf Course, PGA Village St. Lucie, St. James Golf Club, and The Saints at St. Lucie are some of the golf courses in the area.
Retail choices abound in PSL, with the most of them centered on commercial malls and shopping centers.
Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe’s, and a slew of other large retailers are available.
Arts and Craft Stores
- (772) 345-2510, 10872 SW Village Pkwy, Port St. Lucie, FL, Michaels Restaurant and Bar edit
- Pt St Lucie, FL, 10748 SW Village Parkway, Dressbarn (10748 SW Village Parkway) edit
- Dressbarn (10748 SW Village Parkway)
- 1363 NW St. Lucie West Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986. Burlington Coat Factory, 1363 NW St. Lucie West Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986. 9:30am-9:30pm. To make a change, type 10720 SW Village Pkwy in the search box and hit enter. edit
- Port St. Lucie’s Walmart Supercenter is located at 1850 Southwest Gatlin Boulevard and can be reached at (772) 336-8212. It is open 24 hours. In the vicinity of I-95 exit 128edit, Walmart Supercenter is located at 1675 Northwest Saint Lucie West Boulevard in Port St. Lucie, Florida (772) 873-2221, and is open 24 hours a day. Walmart Supercenter,”,(772) 335-5359, is located near I-95 Exit 121edit. There are 24 hours in a day. edit
Discount Warehouse Stores
In addition to major brand restaurants, there are a number of smaller establishments distributed along more heavily frequented routes such as PSL Boulevard, Gatlin Boulevard, United States Highway 1 and St. Lucie West Boulevard.
- 11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Olive Garden, 10221 SW Meeting St, Port St Lucie, FL 34987 (772) 345-3691 (toll free). $$. The coordinates are (27.2673803, 80.4294285). The LongHorn Steak House is located at 10201 SW Meeting St, Port St Lucie, FL 34987, and is open from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily (toll free: (772) 345-3591). $$. edit
- The MainStay Suites at PGA Village is located at 8501 Champions Way, phone number (+1 772460-8882). The MainStay Suites extended stay hotel is located in the PGA Village and is a short walk away from the PGA Golf Club.
- Springhill Suites by Marriot 2000 NW Courtyard Circle, +1 772871-2929, Fax: +1 772871-0016, Springhill Suites by Marriot 2000 NW Courtyard Circle This is a lovely all-suite hotel.
- In addition, the Holiday Inn, 10120 South Federal Highway,+1 772337-2200, and the Holiday Inn ExpressSuites Port St. Lucie West,1601 Northwest Courtyard Circle Port St. Lucie, FL, (772) 879-6565, are both located in Port St. Lucie, Florida.edit
- The Residence Inn Port St. Lucie is located at 1920 SW Fountainview Blvd. and can be reached at (772) 344-7814. Check-in is at 3 p.m., and check-out is at 12 p.m. The PGA Village and the Vero Beach Outlet Mall are both within walking distance of this extended-stay suite hotel. Suites have complimentary Internet access, a flat-screen television, and a fully equipped kitchen. The hotel’s features include a complimentary hot breakfast, free parking, a swimming pool, and a fitness center. $96.edit
- Perfect Drive Golf Villas at PGA Village is located at 525 NW Lake Whitney Place, Suite 101, Port St. Lucie, FL 34986 and can be reached at (772) 873-0515. Perfect Drive Golf Villas is a lodging option in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Bring your clubs and leave the rest to us
- We’ll take care of the rest. edit
- Editor’s note: Port St Lucie RV Resort is located at 3703 Southeast Jennings Road in Port St Lucie, Florida 34952. The phone number is (772) 337-3340.
- Driving- Florida has “no fault” auto accident regulations, which means that you are liable for up to $10,000 in damage to your vehicle even if you were not at fault for the collision. Check to see if your rental automobile is equipped with collision insurance, or get additional coverage. Florida also has a somewhat higher than normal rate of automobile deaths, so drivers should use additional caution on the highways. In comparison to the city’s size, the volume of traffic is substantial.
Moving To Port St Lucie, FL – 10 Reasons Why You Should!
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022)
Port St Lucie, FL – The City For All Ages
If you are thinking about relocating to Port St Lucie, Florida, then this article is a wonderful place to begin your research. Port St. Lucie is a wonderful area to live and to do business. My hometown is Port St Lucie, Florida. I moved there when I was seven years old, graduated from St Lucie County schools, went to college and served in the Army, and then returned home. As a long-time resident, I can speak to the numerous characteristics that distinguish our city from others. I now raise my family here.
About Port St Lucie
Let’s start with some basic information on Port St Lucie. According to the 2016 population estimate from the United States Census Bureau, Port St Lucie is the eighth most populous city in Florida, with more than 189,300 people. With a population of about 189,300 people, it is now the 8th most populous city in Florida. In terms of population, it is currently the third most populous city in South Florida, surpassing Fort Lauderdale’s population of 178,752. In St. Lucie County, on Florida’s east coast, it covers an area of 120 square miles.
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) In the 1950s, the city was primarily comprised of farmland and fishing grounds, before the General Property Corporation (GDC) bought the River Park development and 40,000 acres along the St Lucie River for development.
The city was officially established on April 27, 1961.
- The city of Port St Lucie has a population of 189,300 people, while the county has a population of 313,506 people. The largest employers are St Lucie County Schools, Indian River State College, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Teleperformance, the city of Port St Lucie, and the Walmart Distro Center. The median home price is $209,000, and the nearest colleges are Indian River State College and Florida Atlantic University. Despite the fact that technically the closest airport is theSt. Lucie County Airport, the closest international airport is in West Palm Beach (PBI).
The city of Port St Lucie has a population of 189,300 people, while the county has a population of 313,506 people. The largest employers are St Lucie County Schools, Indian River State College, Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Teleperformance, the city of Port St Lucie, and the Walmart Distro Center. The median home price is $209,000, and the nearest colleges are Indian River State College and Florida Atlantic University. The county has a population of 313,506 people. While technically speaking, the closest airport is theSt.
1. The Weather!
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) Port St Lucie is located in the Sunshine State, and there is no shortage of sunshine in this area! The city has a warm, humid subtropical climate with high humidity. The summers are quite hot, with maximum temperatures reaching the low 90s on a regular basis. When I was growing up, we used to be allowed to fry eggs by the side of the road.
That’s scorching! Winters are pleasant to warm, with temperatures averaging around the 70s on average. Moving to Port St Lucie from the frigid north is a great idea if you’re looking for a warm and welcoming environment.
2. No State Income Tax
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) Florida is one of just a few states that does not levy a state income tax. As an employee, that is a significant boost to your bottom line, and as a business owner, it is an excellent recruiting tool for attracting the most qualified candidates. Because of Florida’s more favorable tax climate, a large number of businesses from all across the United States have chosen to transfer their operations to the state. In fact, Governor Cuomo of New York recently expressed his displeasure with the state of Florida for snatching New York residents.
If we create a terrific business and tax climate that people want to reside in, then stealing isn’t really a crime, governor, are you listening?
3. Baseball! – New York Mets Spring Training
The New York Mets have been holding their spring training camp at Port St Lucie since 1988, and they have been doing it for almost two decades. They recently renewed their lease for another 25 years and announced that, following the 2019 Spring Training season, the facilities at the newly renamed Clover Field would undergo a $57 million refurbishment that will be completed in time for the 2020 Spring Training season to begin. Baseball fans should make it a point to get to Port St Lucie at least once a year to watch the local team play.
You can find out how much of a house you can affordHERE.
4. Port St Lucie is Very Affordable
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) When compared to other parts of the country, the cost of living in Port St Lucie is quite reasonable. With the Bestplaces.net Cost of Living Calculator, you can make your own comparisons depending on your salary and the local real estate market in your chosen location. Consider the following scenario: if you reside in New York and earn $80,000 a year, you may relocate to Port St Lucie and earn $41,000 a year while maintaining your similar level of life.
That is a significant difference, and it is one of the primary reasons for relocating to Port St.
5. Excellent local colleges, universities and public schools
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) Indian River State College offers a variety of local programs that can be completed through dual enrollment classes, online courses, or on-campus learning opportunities. Many high school students can earn an associate’s degree in two years after graduation from high school. In addition, the local St. Lucie County School District has eight A-rated schools and has had its overall grade lifted to a B, according to the latest data.
6. Parks And Recreation
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) Approximately 40 parks and recreational facilities are available in the City of Port St Lucie, with several of them being open all year.
You may look at the interactive parks map, which displays all of the locations of the city’s parks, as well as the hours of operation and facilities available. You may also discover information about renting tents for birthday parties and other special occasions.
7. Port St Lucie is close to the beach
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) Hutchinson Island, as well as all of the Atlantic Beaches, are all within a short drive of Port St Lucie. Horseback riding, jet ski rentals, fishing trips, and other activities are available at a number of various parks across the area. For more information on the greatest beaches within driving distance of Port St Lucie, check out this Yelp post. You may be considering selling your Port St Lucie residence in order to purchase a new one. See how much your house may be worth by taking a peek at it!
8. The St Lucie River – Excellent Fishing and Boating
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) If you’re a boat owner or a fishing enthusiast, there’s no better place to be than Port St. Lucie, Florida. There are a number of boat ramps that provide access to the St Lucie River, as well as additional openings that provide access to the ocean. There are also various charter fishing options available at the Fort Pierce Marina, which is close by.
9. Its a Golfers Paradise Here
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) PGA Learning Center, as well as hundreds of top-tier golf courses for players at all abilities, can be found in Port St Lucie, Florida. The Saints Golf Course, which is owned and maintained by the city, is a public golf course. There are also numerous gated golf complexes in the area, such the PGA Village, Savannah Club, and St James, to mention a few examples. Port St Lucie is unquestionably a golfer’s dream come true.
10. Port St Lucie is Close To Everything
Verify your eligibility for a mortgage (Jan 8th, 2022) The city of Port St Lucie is only a short drive away from some of the most popular sites in the state of Florida. According to Google Maps, the following are some of the driving times to various tourist attractions:
- To Disney World, it will take 1 hour 44 minutes
- To Lego Land, it will take 1 hour 47 minutes
- To Hard Rock Stadium, home of the Miami Dolphins, it will take 1 hour 27 minutes
- To Marlins Park, home of the Florida Marlins, it will take 1 hour 44 minutes.
So there you have it, ten excellent reasons to relocate to Port St Lucie, Florida. To get started, call me at (772) 618-5058 or clickHERE if you’re considering about relocating to Port St Lucie and want to learn more about your home-buying alternatives. I hope you will be able to visit us here in the wonderful city of Port St Lucie soon! Please provide me with today’s pricing (Jan 8th, 2022)
Best Places to Live in Port St. Lucie, Florida
The beach-city complex is located on the Central Atlantic coast between Melbourne and West Palm Beach, approximately 125 miles north of the city of Miami. The most pleasant months in Port St. Lucie are March, December, and April, whilst the least pleasant months are August and July.
Port St. Lucie, FL Housing Market
Port St. Lucie has a 4.9 percent unemployment rate, which is below the national average (U.S. avg. is 6.0 percent ). The recent increase in employment is encouraging. The number of employment in Port St. Lucie has grown by 1.9 percent. More frugality
COST OF LIVING
When compared to the rest of the country, the cost of living in Port St. Lucie is 0.0 percent cheaper than the national average. More information on the cost of living or a comparison of the cost of living in Port St. Lucie
WeatherDataTextToday’s Weather | Climate Averages | Climate Variability
During the 2016 Presidential election, St.
Lucie county remained strongly Republican, with 50.4 percent voting for Donald Trump and 48.8 percent voting for Hillary Clinton. Additional Voting Statistics
The city of Port St. Lucie has a population of 209,715 people. It has had a 15.3 percent increase in population since the year 2020. Find out more.
There are 29.1 minutes in average commute time. The average time in the United States is 26.4 minutes. Find out more.
The median property price in Port St. Lucie is $288,500, according to Real Estate: $288,500. The average annual rate of home appreciation over the previous ten years has been 9.0 percent.
The public schools in Port St. Lucie spend $9,156 per pupil on average. In the United States, the average school expenditure is $12,383. In Port St. Lucie, there are around 17.3 pupils for every instructor. More Information and Education
Best Places to Live in Port St. Lucie Rankings
In Port St. Lucie, now is a wonderful time to purchase a home. In the recent year, the value of a home has increased by 19.2 percent on average. Port St. Lucie has a median house price of $288,500, which is somewhat more than the national average.
About St. Lucie County
It is located in southern Florida, 120 miles south of Orlando and 60 miles north of West Palm Beach, and has a population of about 200,000 people. Located in the gorgeous semi-tropical south Florida setting of St. Lucie County, it is a fantastic neighborhood. In addition, St. Lucie County possesses the necessary geographic position, business climate, and manpower to become one of the highest performing towns in the United States in the very near future. The City of Fort Pierce, which serves as the county seat, and the City of Port St.
- The availability of extensive, dependable transportation as well as simple access are essential for economic development, and St.
- Routes such as Interstate 95 and U.S.
- In addition to the Florida Turnpike, which runs from just south of Miami to northern and central Florida, State Road 70 goes west from U.S.
- The Treasure Coast International Airport, which is located near St.
- International flight choices are accessible at Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Melbourne, and Orlando International Airports, all of which are within a two-hour drive of the hotel.
- The county has a population of about 328,000 people and has seen an increase in population of more than 18 percent since 2010.
As part of its commitment to quality and innovation in training and education, Indian River State College was ranked first in the nation by the Aspen Institute for the second year in a row in 2015.
- It is located in southern Florida, 120 miles south of Orlando and 60 miles north of West Palm Beach, and has a population of around 200,000 people. Located in the gorgeous semi-tropical south Florida setting of St. Lucie County, it is a fantastic place to call home. The county also possesses the necessary location, business climate, and manpower to become one of the nation’s best performing towns in the very near future. St. Lucie County, Florida City of Fort Pierce, which serves as the county seat, and the City of Port St. Lucie are the two most important cities and population centers in the county. St. Lucie County boasts a plethora of both extensive and stable transportation as well as quick access, which is essential for growth. Access to the country’s east coast, from Key West to Maine, is made simple via Interstate Highway 95 and U.S. Highway 1. In addition to the Florida Turnpike, which runs from just south of Miami across northern and central Florida, State Road 70 goes from U.S. Highway 1 at Fort Pierce west to Bradenton, Florida. St. Lucie County boasts a wealth of transportation options, including rail, a custom-serviced international airport, and a deep-water port – all of which make it simple to get about and enjoy everything the county has to provide. Aside from being one of the busiest general aviation airports in the state, the Treasure Coast International Airport in St. Lucie is also one of the most beautiful. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Melbourne, and Orlando International Airports are all within a two-hour drive and provide international travel alternatives. Major domestic flights may be reached in less than 50 minutes from Palm Beach International Airport. There are over 328,000 people living in the county, which has grown by more than 18 percent in the last five years. Traditional manufacturing, agriculture, tourism, and services are mixed up with burgeoning life science research and development. As part of its commitment to quality and innovation in training and education, Indian River State College was ranked first in the nation by the Aspen Institute for its work in the county.
Port St. Lucie, FL Real Estate – Port St. Lucie Homes for Sale
- $146,5003716 Nimblewill Ct, Port Saint Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byKeller Williams Port St. Lucie$259,000335 NW Tuscany Way, Port Saint Lucie, FL34986
- Brokered byRealty One Group Engage$146,0003716 Nimblewill Ct, Port Saint Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byRealty One Group Engage $295,0002111 SE New York St,Port St. Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byEXIT RIGHT REALTY$319,5006145 NW Gaylord Ter,Port Saint Lucie, FL34986
- Brokered byColdwell Banker Realty$179,900352 SE Remington Ct,Port Saint Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byKeller Williams Port St. Lucie$319,5006145 NW Gaylord Ter,Port Victor’s Picks Realty LLC is representing the seller at $329,900 for 1980 SE Grand Dr, Port Saint Lucie, FL34952. Property for sale at $334,900372 SW Carter Ave, Port Saint Lucie, FL34983, courtesy of Sand Dollar Realty Group. $316,0001649 SW Taurus Ln, Port Saint Lucie, FL34984
- Brokered by Keller Williams Port St. Lucie$359,9002362 SW Savage Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, FL34953
- Brokered by Home Sales Palm Beach$359,9002362 SW Savage Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, FL34953
- Brokered by Home Sales Palm Beach Port Saint Lucie, FL34953, $359,9004033 SW Kamsler St
- Port Saint Lucie, FL34983, $315,000582 SW Colleen Ave
- Both properties are represented by Branca Realty Professionals. $199,9002500 SE Anchorage Cv Unit A1, Port Saint Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byBerkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Realty$249,900411 NE Oleander Ave,Port Saint Lucie, FL34952
- Brokered byUnited Realty Consultants$279,9008307 Mulligan Cir Unit 3214, Port Saint Lucie, FL34986
- Brokered byColdwell Banker Realty$285,0001971 The following properties are currently under construction:$444,6402449 SW Monterrey Ln,Port Saint Lucie, FL34953
- Brokered byMaronda Homes$349,900482 SW Whitmore Dr,Port Saint Lucie, FL34984
- Brokered byHoliday Builders Of The Gulf C$407,6774597 SW Scope Rd,Port Saint Lucie, FL34953
- Brokered byBold Real Estate Group, Inc$55
Port St. Lucie, Florida: 10 things you might not know about Florida’s eighth biggest city
Note from the editor: This is the fifth installment in a series spotlighting interesting and little-known facts and tidbits about cities and villages along the Treasure Coast. This one is in honor of the city of Port St. Lucie. The first installment of Stuart’s narrative may be found here. The narrative of Fort Pierce may be found here, as can the tale of Vero Beach and the story of Hobe Sound. Thank you to the Port St. Lucie Historical Society, the St. Lucie County Historical Society, TCPalm readers, and Treasure Coast locals for their assistance in gathering information.
- Send an email to Maureen Kenyon at tcpalm.com if you have any questions.
- Lucie may be the second-youngest on the Treasure Coast, but that hasn’t stopped it from becoming the most populous.
- Lucie had surpassed Fort Lauderdale to become the third most populous city in South Florida, with more than 189,000 residents.
- Despite the fact that Port St.
Mounds of history
Because the Spruce Bluff Preserve sits right next to the homes on Southbend Boulevard, it’s possible that many of the families who live there now are unaware of the wealth of history that resides in their own backyards. According to documentation from the Port St. Lucie Historical Society, the southern route features Spruce Bluff Mound, which was most likely constructed by the Ais people and dates back to 100-300 B.C., according to the sources. An early pioneer hamlet and cemetery along the banks of the North Fork of the St.
- After being founded in 1891 by John Enos Fultz, Spruce Bluff was a small village of several families that included a school, a post office, and a lumber mill.
- Lucie’s past.
- Blandford, entertainment writer and columnist, as she walks through the trails of one of St.
- DACIA JOHNSON/TCPALMWochit DACIA JOHNSON
OK. Who forgot to spellcheck?
Several street names in Port St. Lucie have been incorrectly spelt for reasons we do not understand:
- Northeast Twylite Terrace
- Northeast Granduer Avenue
- Southeast and Southwest Cresent Avenue
- Northeast Twylite Terrace
- Northeast Granduer Avenue Although the issue was discovered on March 14, 2016, the City Council approved an ordinance to correct the situation. Southeast Chello Lane (Adjacent streets are named Trumpet and Harp, so it’s safe to assume it’s supposed to be Cello. )
- Southwest Calender Street
- Southwest Amethist Terrace
- Southeast Issac Road
- Southwest Lama Avenue
- Southeast Saphire Terrace
- Southwest Dalmation Avenue
- Southwest Starlite Cove
- Southeast Nome Drive (Is it supposed to be named after Nome, Alaska, or should it be spelled Gnome? )
- Southwest Star Along Southeast Addison Street, there is one street sign that is correctly worded. It is written Addision on the other sign along the route.
Additionally, there are a few amusing street names such as Southwest Haleyberry Avenue, Blolly Court, and Southwest Kickaboo Road, among others. Port St. Lucie Boulevard, west of Gatlin Boulevard, has multiple “Mc” streets with amusing names, such McHole and McCracken, which are located along the corridor. Read more about Anthony Westbury: At long last, good spelling triumphs in Port St. Lucie
She sells seashells. on U.S. 1
Eight years before Port St. Lucie was incorporated as a city, Jean and George Williams operated a business along U.S. 1 near what would become the city’s southern edge, selling “anything shell” to passing motorists. It’s impossible to miss The Shell Bazaar, located at 10100 S. United States Highway 1, because, well, there’s a 5,000-pound facsimile of a conch shell there to reel people in. Visitors going down the East Coast in the 1950s became a must-see destination because of the shell, which was constructed between 1954 and 1955.
Other items available at the Shell Bazaar include jewelry made of coral, shells, and glass.
In today’s world, the business is owned and operated by Christine Williams, George and Jean Williams’ daughter. It is the oldest retail, family-owned business in the county and the only one that is still in its original site.
What’s in a name?
First Data Field, the spring training home of the New York Mets, was not named that such at the time of its construction. In reality, the stadium, which seats 7,160 people and serves as the summer home of the St. Lucie Mets, has gone by four different titles since it was built in 1988. From 1988 until 2004, the stadium was known as Thomas J. White Stadium, in honor of the real estate tycoon who was instrumental in bringing the Mets to New York. St. Lucie West was likewise created by White. More:What is the name of the business who built the ‘new’ First Data Field for the New York Mets?
Tradition Field was renamed Digital Domain Park in 2010, and then again in 2013, when it was changed back to Tradition Field.
More:The New York Mets have renamed their spring training facility First Data Field.
Why ‘Port’ when there’s no port?
General Development Corp., the state’s largest property development corporation, founded Port St. Lucie in the 1950s, and its first major city, Port Charlotte, was constructed on Florida’s Gulf Coast in the 1960s. It therefore became GDC’s marketing strategy to incorporate the word “Port” in the names of all of the significant developments that the company was contemplating. Port Malabar (now a part of Palm Bay), Port St. John, Port LaBelle, and North Port were among the other new developments in the area.
More: The new Crosstown Parkway bridge, which crosses Port St.
A city. without residents?
GDC, the largest land development corporation in Florida, was responsible for the creation of Port St. Lucie, which began as a little fishing village on the Gulf Coast in the 1950s and grew into a major seaport in the 1960s. As a result, it became GDC’s marketing strategy to incorporate the word “Port” in all of the huge developments that the company was planning to build. Port Malabar (now a part of Palm Bay), Port St. John, Port LaBelle, and North Port were among the other new projects to spring up in recent years.
The new Crosstown Parkway bridge spans Port St.
Stop, collaborate and listen!
Port St. Lucie was previously the home of a few well-known figures. Meghan Fox (Transformers, Jennifer’s Body, This Is 40) was born in Port St. Lucie and attended St. Lucie West Centennial High School for a brief period of time before moving to Los Angeles. Van Winkle, better known by his stage as Vanilla Ice, owned a residence in Port St. Lucie, Florida, and in 2004, his pet wallaby Bucky, as well as his pet goat Pancho, fled from his property. The animals were apprehended and returned to their owners after more than a week of wandering about the neighborhood.
- Rick Ankiel, who was chosen as a pitcher by the St.
- Lucie High School and went on to play professional baseball.
- Lucie High School, he was named USA TODAY’s National Player of the Year after going 11-1 with a 0.47 ERA and striking out 161 hitters in 74 innings.
- Ankiel went on to become an outfielder, where he played for five different organizations before retiring from professional baseball in 2013.
If he can’suppress his anxiousness,’ Rick Ankiel hopes to return to the mound as a pitcher in 2019. More:Fun facts about the Clerk of Courts: Timberlake and Snipes were previously issued citations in St. Lucie County.
Port St. Lucie has peacocks of its own
The peacocks that walk the streets of Fort Pierce along Seventh Street and Orange Avenue are well-known to the locals and tourists alike. Along Northeast Sottong Drive in Rio, there are also dozens of peacocks — sometimes as many as 40 of them — to be seen. As reported by journalist Gil Smart on March 23, all of them are believed to be derived from a flock that was initially brought and cared for by Hollywood actress, singer, and philanthropist Frances Langford, who was perhaps Rio’s most renowned inhabitant.
- Homegrown However, according to the Port St.
- Lucie’s landscape.
- Lucie Boulevard.
- According to the historical society, they are believed to have been raised as a pastime by a woman who resided in the neighborhood.
- According to the historical society, they were labeled a traffic danger by the then-Police Chief Hank Schlesselman in 1957.
- Peacocks were also known to visit the adjoining town houses in Rivergreen Villas and peck on the sliding glass doors at around the same time.
- Peacocks have also been spotted along Import Drive in the city’s southwestern section, according to locals.
- She was speaking in front of her home, which is located in the 1600 block of Northeast Sottong Avenue.
There’s a first time for everything
According to a Tyler Treadway news broadcast published on April 11, 2011, regarding the 50th anniversary of Port St. Lucie, the city has a number of remarkable “firsts,” including the following: Doctor Harold Nottley and his wife, Janet Nottley, were seeking for a somewhere to retire when they discovered Port St. Lucie. They chose the city because of the then-planned golf courses in what is now known as the Sandpiper neighborhood. In addition to purchasing a mansion on Pruitt Road, the couple designed and had GDC construct a house for them on Santa Anita Street.
- 1 and Prima Vista Boulevard by Dr.
- The first church was built on property provided by GDC on December 31, 1959, at 260 S.W.
- The Port St.
- Lucie, was established on May 29, 1960, in a meeting attended by 49 people.
- James Baugher was selected as the church’s first pastor on June 6, 1960.
- The inaugural service was held at the facility, which was then known as Goddard Hall, on September 3, 1961.
- Members were appointed by GDC, and none of them lived in Port St.
- (Three of them were from Miami, and two of them were from River Park.) The first city budget was $7,500.
Fiscal year 2018-19 will see a $410 million increase in the city’s budget. More: The Port St. Lucie City Council has reduced the tax rate; the average homeowner will pay $799 in municipal taxes in 2019.
Bond. James Bond.
The North Fork of the St. Lucie River served as the Amazon in the eleventh James Bond film, “Moonraker,” which was filmed in the area. Roger Moore appeared in the film for the fourth time as James Bond. Bond is called in to investigate the theft of a space shuttle, which leads him to Hugo Drax, the owner of the company that built the shuttle. More: Rep. Brian Mast’s Tortured Coast video features a Florida sportsman in Episode 5 (as seen above). Bond, accompanied by space scientist Dr. Holly Goodhead, follows a trail from California to Venice, Rio de Janeiro, and the Amazon rainforest, and finally into outer space, in order to thwart a plot to wipe out the entire world population and resurrect humanity as a master race through genetic engineering.
In the footage below, Moore navigates a boat across the turbulent river while being hunted by Jaws.
Do you have a story you’d like to share?
Call 772-221-4249 or send an email to Maureen Kenyon at [email protected]