- 1 Crunchyroll – News
- 2 Jesus and Buddha Sing Karaoke Together in Trailer for 3rd Season of Saint Young Men
- 3 Bring Nirvana to Your Toy Shelf with Saint Young Men Buddha Mini-Statue
- 4 Your Prayers Have Been Answered: The Saint Young Men Drama Is Back!
- 5 Saint Young Men Sequel Ascends to Greatness with New Trailer
- 6 Saint Young Men Live-Action Drama Sequel Hits Silver Screen in June
- 7 Saint Young Men Manga Debuts in English as Digital Title
- 8 Saint Young Men Episode 1 Is Now Free to Watch on YouTube
- 9 Picoma Blesses Us with Live-Action Saint Young Men Trailer
- 10 Hang out with Jesus and Buddha in Saint Young Men VR Video
- 11 Ken’ichi Matsuyama and Shota Sometani to Star in”Saint Young Men” Live-Action Drama
- 12 SAINT YOUNG MEN: The Divine Comedy Finally Available in the U.S.
Crunchyroll – News
- Hallelujah! The latest episode of Saint Young Men premieres today, and the cast has just ended their press tour at Tokyo’s Kanda Shrine, which took place earlier this week. After the jump, check out photographs of the cast and crew as they pray for the success of the current season
- Thursday, January 9, 2020
Jesus and Buddha Sing Karaoke Together in Trailer for 3rd Season of Saint Young Men
- New episodes of Saint Young Men, a live-action version of the popular manga series, will premiere on NHK on January 11 and 18. The creation of a 2-minute video for the holy series, portraying Jesus assisting Buddha with his phone and converting water into tea, a famous Japanese beverage, was intended to have fans chuckling before the series premiered. Take a look at the video below to see the hilarity
- Friday, January 3, 2020
Bring Nirvana to Your Toy Shelf with Saint Young Men Buddha Mini-Statue
- He’s loving, he’s light, and he’s a place to hang your workout bag when you’re not using him. For a limited time, “Junior,” the Buddha statue from the Saint Young Men live-action series, will be available as a figurine to commemorate the return of the live-action series. Take a look at the trailer after the jump
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
Your Prayers Have Been Answered: The Saint Young Men Drama Is Back!
- Jesus and Buddha have returned to spread the word about the benefits of bachelorhood and wearing loose-fitting T-shirts. The Saint Young Menlive drama has been renewed for a third season on NHK, which will be the show’s first time airing on a Japanese television network. Below are some images from the forthcoming season
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Saint Young Men Sequel Ascends to Greatness with New Trailer
- In the forthcoming live-actionSaint Young Menfesture film, Jesus and Buddha resume their travels in Japan, which began in the last film. Additionally, prior episodes of the program will be uploaded to the show’s official YouTube page, so keep an eye out for that in the near future! After the jump, you’ll find out everything about Thursday, April 18, 2019.
Saint Young Men Live-Action Drama Sequel Hits Silver Screen in June
- It has been confirmed today that the second season of the live-action drama adaptation of Hikaru Nakamura’s slice-of-life comedy manga seriesSaint Oniisan/Saint Young Menwill be available on the Japanese video streaming app Piccoma TV on June 1, and that it will then be released in select theaters five days later. The first season of the live-action drama adaptation of Hikaru Nakamura’s slice-of-life comedy manga seriesSaint Oniisan/Saint Young Men was released More information, including a teaser trailer, can be seen after the jump. Saturday, April 6, 2019
Saint Young Men Manga Debuts in English as Digital Title
- The wait for Hikaru Nakamura’s Saint Young Menmanga’s English publication has finally come to an end, much to the relief of those who have been waiting for it. The series, which follows Buddha and Jesus as they live together in a low-rent apartment, will be released digitally, so keep reading for more information. The 18th of October, 2018
Saint Young Men Episode 1 Is Now Free to Watch on YouTube
- Do you have a strong desire to see the Saint Young Men live-action drama? Picoma has made the first episode of the series accessible for free international viewing on YouTube! In addition, new merchandise is being released in preparation for a special event for fans this week. Take a look at them both after the jump. The 12th of October, 2018
Picoma Blesses Us with Live-Action Saint Young Men Trailer
- Hallelujah! It has recently been released a new trailer for the real-actionSaint Young Mendrama, which depicts Jesus and Buddha attempting to live their best lives while in Japan. It has also been confirmed that a Nico Nico release as well as a theatrical showing would be held to mark the occasion of the debut. After the jump, you can check out the new trailer. The 21st of June, 2018
Hang out with Jesus and Buddha in Saint Young Men VR Video
- With this VRSaint Young Menexperience, you’ll be able to enter the Holy of Holies – kind of. The first trailer for the live-action television series brings you inside Jesus and Buddha’s apartment, where you’ll witness an impromptu scenario. After the jump, have a look at the video and the first key graphic that was released. The 20th of February, 2018 is a Tuesday.
Ken’ichi Matsuyama and Shota Sometani to Star in”Saint Young Men” Live-Action Drama
- The official website for the impending live-action drama adaptation of Hikaru Nakamura’s slice-of-life comedic manga seriesSaint Oniisan/Saint Young Men has been launched, 15 months after the first announcement in November 2016. Today, the film’s two key actors were revealed: Kenichi Matsuyama (L in Death Note) as Jesus and Shota Sometani (Shinichi Izumi in Parasyte), who will both play Buddha. More information may be found after the jump.
SAINT YOUNG MEN: The Divine Comedy Finally Available in the U.S.
Affiliate links are used in this piece of content. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of these links, we may receive a commission. Saint Young Men is a monthly comedy manga written and illustrated by Hikaru Nakamura that follows the adventures of two roommates who share an apartment in Tachikawa. As it turns out, those housemates are Jesus and Buddha, who are taking a break from their responsibilities and living in secrecy while attempting to come to grips with modern society and civilization.
- As well as debating.
- Approximately 16 million copies of the tankban have been sold in Japan, and as of July 2019, there are seventeen volumes in the collection.
- There have been speculations of a live-action film being developed.
- The series has been translated from Japanese into a number of other languages, including Chinese (although the article does not indicate which dialect), French, Italian, and Spanish, among others.
- The first physical copies of the book in English will be available in December of 2019.
- We didn’t release it in the United States since the original publisher and author/artist did not want it to be distributed there for fear of offending American sensibilities.
- Sign up for The Stack to receive a selection of the greatest pieces from Book Riot Comic, hand-picked just for you.
Keep an eye on your email for important messages.
This is correct, y’all; we are the humourless drones that are standing in the corner of the manga celebration.
I’m sure the domestic disputes are absolutely fantastic, and I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of Vol.
Consider the following, however: For more than a decade, American publishers, including Vertical, which has published American translations of Nakamura’s previous comics, were refused the permission to publishSaint Young Men.
Why was the United States the only country where this was a source of concern?
The Chinese government retains control over which media outlets its citizens are allowed to view.
As part of my Masters in Theological Studies coursework, I authored a full article on why the United States was the only place where copies of the Harry Potter novels were burnt by religious organizations, which was published in the journal Theological Studies.
Israel, on the other hand, did not.
Albanian, Hawaiian, and Mandarin are among the languages spoken.
Why are we here?
It doesn’t matter if you’re Jewish, Catholic, Presbyterian, Muslim, or Jain; if you grew up in this country, you absorbed at least some of that ethos through what you were taught in school, how you were taught, social mores, and even the arbitrary designations of proper dress that were imposed upon you.
And why you should avoid making fun of Jesus.
The Bible reveals that Jesus, if he were an actual person, was kind, enjoyed parties, had a sense of humour, spent a lot of time with outsiders, and gave women the ability to speak for themselves.
I’m confident that he would have found Life of Brianto be amusing, and that he would have enjoyedSaint Young Menas as much as anybody.
Is it because the task itself makes you feel uncomfortable, or is it because some deeply embedded neurological coding is telling you that it should make you feel uncomfortable?
You’ll likely come to understand that it is the latter in both circumstances, and that you are losing out on an entire universe of tales that are waiting for you to discover them.
Give a couple of them a shot—I assure you that no one is going to sew a red letter R(eader) or H(eretic) to the front of your hoodie or sweatshirt. To ford a creek, cross a bridge, or jump a canyon are all options. It’s been referred to as a “leap of faith.”